Hacking Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies ROM dumped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex_fr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
the nfo says "patch those sig checks and load in your Flashcards"

what is those sig checks?

also

"EUR looks like E-shop only release has been overruled by us"

confirming it's e-shop dump

the scene group is bigbluebox.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This makes me think, how have they managed to dump an E-Shop game, sounds very promising! Have they had an early release of the new 2.0 Final Gateway Firmware to be able to do this. :) Its a thought. 2 E-Shop games dumped back to back that have never been done before all of a sudden within minutes of each other? I maybe wrong or maybe happily rite!!! I have a funny feeling it will be on its way very soon!
I doubt it has anything to do with Brickway.

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
No, it's the EU version. Harmoknight was dumped too.
What I find odd is that the serial is BBB-AGKP instead of CRT-**** like every other 3DS dump ever. Maybe it was modified by the team who dumped it, considering their acronym just happens to be BBB... in which case this particular release will likely end up getting nuked at some point.

wut ? on the 3ds release list the serial is crt too.. the filename is bbb

alex_fr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
looks like it works just like a normal rom, saw it tested elsewhere.
interesing

it's legit in any case.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
question is does it save as a eshop game or as a normal game, it it saves like eshop then theoretically Pokemon and animal crossing could work the same way

alex_fr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think chances are they managed to decrypt the roms (we know there is a way right?) and then patched the EUR release files into JAP version. If they could convert any eshop release I think they'd do Pokémon first of all. we will see I guess.

19cookies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you patch them? Just tried both and it says "There is nothing inserted into the Game Card slot" :S

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
I think chances are they managed to decrypt the roms (we know there is a way right?) and then patched the EUR release files into JAP version. If they could convert any eshop release I think they'd do Pokémon first of all. we will see I guess.

Err pardon me but that sounds much much harder than just manage to dump eshop games in any way

Reactions: MichiS97

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
The game was already made digital-only because of a lack of support.
Now people are hunting to pirate it.

Eh.

i wouldn't class phoenix write as a unpopular game, was more likely a move to maximize profits by not giving consumers a cartridge and eliminating second hand sales in the process, win win for them

Reactions: cearp

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
The game was already made digital-only because of a lack of support.
Now people are hunting to pirate it.

Eh.

Not a problem I have since I know english very well , but they released it only in english on europe. For doing this I enforce that this game gets pirated

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i wouldn't class phoenix write as a unpopular game, was more likely a move to maximize profits by not giving consumers a cartridge and eliminating second hand sales in the process, win win for them

Over here its not as popular, not popular enough to get physical distribution.
Honestly I think supporting the game and buying it is much better here,
But the internet isnt a place for my morals.

Not a problem I have since I know english very well , but they released it only in english on europe. For doing this I enforce that this game gets pirated

Pirating it will just mean it doesnt get overseas release at all.
Short term gain, long term loss

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

alex_fr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
[URL='http://gbatemp.net/members/masterzero.75774/' said:
masterzero[/URL]]Err pardon me but that sounds much much harder than just manage to dump eshop games in any way

not necessarily. We don't really know much of anything about 3DS game structure as of now with everything private. I remember in 360 scene some group managed to make RE4 HD which was only digitally released in English into a DVDISO by using JAP xex file and it worked on dvd flashed consoles burning it like that without any problem, no jtag needed. Could be a similar thing. Coincidently both are Capcom games, hah.

but I see they dumped another eshop only game too, so this is not the case.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

well i know quite a few people who are fans of the phoenix wright games, pretty much anyone you ask for a list of decent DS games will include phoenix wright on that list, i really do think its more likely that they don't like second hand sales, may explain their "we don't get enough sales"....it is a sort of play once and give to a friend style game, that being said if that's what people want to do that s what they should be able to do

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country

You are on a hacking and homebrew forum they are bound to get pirated and you say over here its not popular which is not true I have seen people buy it though it be a digital edition.
The senoir VP of capcom had this to say "Christian Svensson, stated that the sales forecasts for Dual Destinies are high compared" >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Wright:_Ace_Attorney_-_Dual_Destinies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah been there had that no fun