Hacking Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies ROM dumped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
People have already tried the vanilla dump without any modifications and it doesn't work , so what are those sigchecks/what we have to do for it to work?

Reactions: MichiS97

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game was already made digital-only because of a lack of support.
Now people are hunting to pirate it.

Eh.

If it's already badly selling enough that they made it digital only for that reason (and I don't know that is the reason, I'm just playing devils advocate here) then being pirated can't do any more harm, if anything it might increase awareness of the game to people who might not have played it otherwise and who might (probably not, but you never know) go buy the other games in the series or even a copy of the one they downloaded (yes some people actually do that)

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Dont worry, a pre patched version should come out soon for those needing it, they cant prepatch releases or make any mods or they would be nuked, but they do say in the nfo to patch sig checks out like everyone has the tools to do it

goober

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game was already made digital-only because of a lack of support.
Now people are hunting to pirate it.

Eh.

If piracy had a tangible effect on software sales the 3DS would have been selling a lot better before piracy was a thing on it and would have tanked after. The PS3 would have sold a lot better before piracy was a thing on it and again tanked. The Vita would be king of the world right now. The PSP never would have had solid software sales. The DS certainly wouldn't have done as well in software sales as it did...

Piracy can affect sales, but only to a degree, and they're never responsible for the demise of anything EXCEPT the famicom disk system, which piracy definitely made a huge impact on it, but that's about it. The Dreamcast? No, try looking the PS2 and what happened to sales once it was released.

This was a digital release because it's too expensive to manufacture and distribute the small amount of carts to all the odd and end locations. Digital saved money AND ensured that it wouldn't get price gouged and be available to all.

It had less to do with potential sales but more with common sense. This title is also selling better than the previous entries, and piracy isn't going to hurt them.

I don't condone true piracy for current software being sold but let's not ignore the real problems with this industry, sales and what effects piracy actually has. Sony addressed one of the reasons behind piracy and gave us PS Plus. Steam addressed another reason for piracy and that too has flourished. Piracy is not always about wanting something free or being cheap.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
lets just say, sometimes pirates could be considered "ambassadors" in their own right, especially given the current set up of pirates showing friends/family/colleagues a games they probably never would of bought,they have a go and really like it but they already updated their system so if they like it they buy it, i personally know this happens quite a lot, one of the "nicer" sides of piracy that is ignored to highlight made up figures that 100% of all pirated games is a lost sale for devs, they would be lucky if it was 10%

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You are on a hacking and homebrew forum they are bound to get pirated and you say over here its not popular which is not true I have seen people buy it though it be a digital edition.
The senoir VP of capcom had this to say "Christian Svensson, stated that the sales forecasts for Dual Destinies are high compared" >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Wright:_Ace_Attorney_-_Dual_Destinies
Fun fact: The first Miles Edgeworth Investigation (which got a EU release) wasn't even sold in the Netherlands (and Belgium too IIRC) because everyone pirated the games anyway.

Reactions: GHANMI and cearp

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I want a copy of E-Shop Mario Minis Donkey Kong: Minis on the March so bad now and it looks possible! Anyone have any close contact with the peeps that dump these E-Shop games? Its something to do with BigBlueBox release or something like that. Can anyone let them know for me? I know this sounds a bit sad and desperate but hay why not I'm desperate Dan?

I have got Phoneix but I'm not sure if I am supposed to report if it works or not unless getting a telling off?

I will confirm it does not work on a Euro 3DS/XL you need something extra to get them working, something to do with a sig check I'm sure you will here all with the next GW update very soon I would of thought, its got to do with the next Gateway update, 100% I'm sure of it! I will try and find out further info on how do get them working and let everyone know but I'm sure we will all know by the end of the week! Sorry do not know if they work on USA/Jap 3DS/XL Handhelds?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Can we please stop chit-chatting about piracy and morality? Users who mod their systems are an insignificant minority and there's even less of those who actually buy devices that would allow them to load backups. We're talking about a one-digit percentage of the total userbase, let's not cause a storm in a glass of water, and more importantly, let's not get off-topic here. The important thing is that EShop will likely become playable from normal cartridges in the nearby future, which is especially good news considering all of the EShop exclusives out there.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I want a copy of E-Shop Mario Minis Donkey Kong: Minis on the March so bad now and it looks possible! Anyone have any close contact with the peeps that dump these E-Shop games? Its something to do with BigBlueBox release or something like that. Can anyone let them know for me? I know this sounds a bit sad and desperate but hay why not I'm desperate Dan?

I have got Phoneix but I'm not sure if I am supposed to report if it works or not unless getting a telling off?

I will confirm it does not work on a Euro 3DS/XL you need something extra to get them working, something to do with a sig check I'm sure you will here all with the next GW update very soon I would of thought, its got to do with the next Gateway update, 100% I'm sure of it!
That's a DSi game, not a 3DS one. Something completely different will most likely have to be done for that. I wouldn't hold my breath.

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country

I will confirm it does not work on a Euro 3DS/XL you need something extra to get them working, something to do with a sig check I'm sure you will here all with the next GW update very soon I would of thought, its got to do with the next Gateway update, 100% I'm sure of it!

NO. The dumpers don't have gateway 2.0 as no one has. Why would they know the sig check has to be patched if no one has gateway 2.0 ? because it's not related

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
NO. The dumpers don't have gateway 2.0 as no one has. Why would they know the sig check has to be patched if no one has gateway 2.0 ? because it's not related

They must know they will work somehow else why release them, sometimes game dumpers get there hands on exclusive new CFW before hand to test out to see if it works what the company is putting forward, its usually a good sign of what is too come and if they don't work on standard 2.0b2 Gateway Firmware that is out now at the moment then its quite obvious it must be a Firmware that they work on, ie 2.0 Final!. Makes perfect sense :)

Its like when they released Topology data for XGD3 Xbox 360 titles. They were dumping XGD3 titles way before the XGD3 Topology was even released and they did mention in the info about using Topology patches but when it did, it worked perfect, we all knew it was coming for XGD3 titles but when, an then Topology patches was released upon us very soon after and it worked perfect, with ABGX following very soon! OK ABGX is not a GW card but its the same sort of thing, we were waiting for XGD3 titles to work and a fix was made soon by ABGX.gui. Also all of that but it had to work along side C4Eva's latest LT+v3.0 Custom Firmware for XGD3 titles to work which was brought all together eventually on the general release of C4Eva's CFW to the general public. C4Eva & Gateway work the same methods and ways to release new Firmware.

I feel knackered after all that!

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
They must know they will work somehow else why release them, sometimes game dumpers get there hands on exclusive new CFW before hand to test out to see if it works what the company is putting forward, its usually a good sign of what is too come and if they don't work on standard 2.0b2 Gateway Firmware that is out now at the moment then its quite obvious it must be a Firmware that they work on, ie 2.0 Final!. Makes perfect sense :)

Its like when they released Topology data for XGD3 Xbox 360 titles. They were dumping XGD3 titles way before the XGD3 Topology was even released but when it did, it worked perfect, we all knew it was coming for XGD3 titles but when, an then Topology patches was released upon us very soon after and it worked perfect, with ABGX following very soon! OK ABGX is not a GW card but its the same sort of thing, we were waiting for XGD3 titles to work and a fix was made soon.
For preservation, when a way of playing is later found. There are Xbone and PS4 dumps but it will take forever before those are usable.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
For preservation, when a way of playing is later found. There are Xbone and PS4 dumps but it will take forever before those are usable.
same with 3ds roms, the first ones where dumped way before any method of using them......2011 so they kept the method secret for like 2 years?
truth is getting the roms is the "easy" part, getting the console to accept them is the challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...