OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi all!

I just hacked the Gyakuten Saiban 3 rom. I replaced the first case with a partially translated fourth case! So you can just start a new game and you'll start in case 4.

I don't think there are any spoilers, as it's Mia's first case (chronologically the first case of all games).

Download it here.

Credits for the translation go to Broco and the people in his team who helped him.

Enjoy!

Oh, and if enough people are interested I can also make a Dutch translation
smile.gif

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
You mean you took the GBA translation and either hooked it up in the NDS release OR are now offering the GBA patch as your own?

I'm not sure what it is but if it IS as stated above and it is the latter I am quite appalled, if not then regard my comment not mentioned but I still feel the GBA version is nicer then
wink.gif

*EDIT* Wait did you say Mia's first case? Don't you mean second..? If I remember correctly the first case, she lost
wink.gif
*EDIT2* Jesus, it really is the work of the GBA translation project! At the very least you have done the same work as them but I'm guessing it really is their work. Just give them credit already and don't say you made it if you didn't!

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
You mean you took the GBA translation and either hooked it up in the NDS release OR are now offering the GBA patch as your own?

I'm not sure what it is but if it IS as stated above and it is the latter I am quite appalled, if not then regard my comment not mentioned but I still feel the GBA version is nicer then
wink.gif

*EDIT* Wait did you say Mia's first case? Don't you mean second..? If I remember correctly the first case, she lost
wink.gif
*EDIT2* Jesus, it really is the work of the GBA translation project! At the very least you have done the same work as them but I'm guessing it really is their work. Just give them credit already and don't say you made it if you didn't!
Yeah, it's their work! The work of the guys at http://comebackcourt.sourceforge.net/. Unfortunately I don't have any idea who they are
tongue.gif
I just wanted to post the topic quick and edit it later... You are just too fast
tongue.gif

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just hacked the Gyakuten Saiban 3 rom. I replaced the first case with a partially translated fourth case! So you can just start a new game and you'll start in case 4.
Well, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt however saying 'I JUST HACKED' and 'I REPLACED' sounds rather suspicious no?
QUOTE said:
I don't think there are any spoilers, as it's Mia's first case (chronologically the first case of all games).
It isn't her first case, there was "that other case" (anyone who has played the translation will know).

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt however saying 'I JUST HACKED' and 'I REPLACED' sounds rather suspicious no?
QUOTE said:
It isn't her first case, there was "that other case" (anyone who has played the translation will know).
... Well, I did the hacking
tongue.gif
I just used the translation script that came with the tool I used. The tool is available here. I looked at it for a while, deleted the files for the first case and replaced them with the files from the fourth case. Then I let the tool do it's work, and the rom still worked in VisualBoyAdvance and on my M3 Lite
smile.gif

And AFAIK this is Mia's first case. That other case
tongue.gif
I don't know about this case, but after it Mia... took a rest or something
tongue.gif
And a year later she defended Phoenix in the case you and I played in the fan translation.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's her second
wink.gif
. Anyway, see the translation (this is the first time it poppes up I think but it comes again somewhere else in the translation):

*Edit* I take back pretty much anything I just said
smile.gif
. It is indeed the first case (or at least a different case then the original translation team released). Sorry bout the mixup and good work (and good giving the team credit for their patch). If you want my help (though my Japanese is rubbish) feel free to ask (though it might be strange to offer it now
wink.gif
).

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's her second
wink.gif
. Anyway, see the translation (this is the first time it poppes up I think but it comes again somewhere else in the translation):

We obviously don't understand each other
tongue.gif

The case you took that picture in is the first case of the third game - Mia's second case.
The case I redirected to (I don't know another word
tongue.gif
) is the fourth case of the third game. This is Mia's first case.

In Mia's second case she mentions "that other case" a few times. The case she's referring to is her first game, which is the fourth case of the third game. Which you can now already play thanks to the hard work of Broco.

Edit: I'll upload a screenshot to convince you.
Edit 2: nvm

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
tongue.gif

The case you took that picture in is the first case of the third game - Mia's second case.
tongue.gif

In Mia's second case she mentions "that other case" a few times. The case she's referring to is her first game, which is the fourth case of the third game. Which you can now already play thanks to the hard work of Broco.
Just fixed it above after applying your patch
wink.gif

mia_3.jpg

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
tongue.gif

tongue.gif

Just fixed it above after applying your patch
wink.gif
Oh, ok
tongue.gif
Now I also understand why you thought it wasn't me that hacked the whole thing - you thought I just had uploaded their patch.

Anyway, I just played through the English part, and it doesn't last long
tongue.gif
Well, I watched the intro and all now, so I'll start playing case 4 as soon as the DS version is released.
For those who don't know: if you link the GBA- and DS-version of one of the Gyakuten Saiban games (they both have to be Japanese) you can start playing any case you want
smile.gif

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh, ok
tongue.gif
Now I also understand why you thought it wasn't me that hacked the whole thing - you thought I just had uploaded their patch.
Yea which is why I acted rather heavy
smile.gif
. I hate it when people take other people's work without giving proper credits
smile.gif
. Again if you want any help with patching it to dutch or something else feel free to ask
wink.gif

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh, ok
tongue.gif

Yea which is why I acted rather heavy
smile.gif
. I hate it when people take other people's work without giving proper credits
smile.gif
. Again if you want any help with patching it to dutch or something else feel free to ask
wink.gif
I'll first wait if there is any interest in it. My sister would love it, but it's a bit too much work to translate a whole game (or even a part of it) for her alone I think. Especially because she can also understand English for the most part.

I can understand the whole first case to Dutch, because it is in English. I could also do the first part of the fourth case. It would be great if you could help me translating the remaining Japanese. But as your Japanese doesn't seem to be perfect and I don't know Japanese at all, I don't think it's going to work
tongue.gif

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Quite right, my Japanese is waay to low to do any real/full translation work but if there is interest (can't really imagine though, would be better to translate the DS version btw) for Dutch I'd love to help in whatever way possible.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Quite right, my Japanese is waay to low to do any real/full translation work but if there is interest (can't really imagine though, would be better to translate the DS version btw) for Dutch I'd love to help in whatever way possible.
About translating the DS-version: that would probably be better, but also a lot harder.

Broco made some great tools to hack the GBA roms. Sure, they are a bit hard to use, but read the documentation and you can probably understand how you can reprogram the whole game in a few hours
smile.gif
In fact, I could even make a simple, whole new case... But I don't think I can replace any textures or intros
tongue.gif

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who don't know: if you link the GBA- and DS-version of one of the Gyakuten Saiban games (they both have to be Japanese) you can start playing any case you want
smile.gif

I was wondering about that... I doubt it'll work, but what if I was to have Gyakuten Saiban 3 DS on a Slot-1 card and the GBA version on a 16M slot-2 cart? I don't really think that it would work, but I don't want to replay the first case after I played it the other day.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
smile.gif

I was wondering about that... I doubt it'll work, but what if I was to have Gyakuten Saiban 3 DS on a Slot-1 card and the GBA version on a 16M slot-2 cart? I don't really think that it would work, but I don't want to replay the first case after I played it the other day.
Why don't you already try it with Gyakuten Saiban 1 or 2? If it works with the first two games, the third game will also work.

If it's not a M3 or G6 or something, and you write only one rom directly to it, I don't see how it could not work
wink.gif

And if you have a M3 or G6 you can write both the GBA and DS version to it. If you choose linkage when writing the DS rom you can link them by first launching the GBA-rom in DS-mode (just press A, only once!) and then the DS-rom. The M3/G6 will load them both.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ajup
smile.gif
. Btw Maikel, is there a dutch version in the DS versions? I personally only own the Japanese versions (/still need to pre-order GS3 btw... opens new tab) so I'm not sure.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ajup
smile.gif
. Btw Maikel, is there a dutch version in the DS versions? I personally only own the Japanese versions (/still need to pre-order GS3 btw... opens new tab) so I'm not sure.
You mean an official one? No
frown.gif

There are four versions (that I'm aware of):
A Japanese one with a Japanese and English language option and the possibility to link with the GBA-version.
An American one with only an English language option.
A European one with a English and French language option.
Another European one with an Italian, Spanish and German language option.

So no Dutch translation. As usual
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/7bH4YgV.mp4