trebulator

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
The translation was more than playable IMO.
smile.gif

The english name would be "Pheonix Wright - Justice for All" if that helps.

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, then let me tell you that the translation is awesome. A hand full of spelling mistakes and sometimes not quite as brilliant as the first game but close. I've seen quotes from the A-Team, Lord of the Rings, Pokemon, 4chan, ... And I probably missed half of it.
biggrin.gif

Sherv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly. OrR says it perfectly. The translation is brilliant, there's even a "You the man now, doll!"

Cracked me up.

Moneo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Translation is very good, but the English text does have some typos ('there' istead of 'their', 'your' instead of 'you're' etc.), there's maybe 15 or so in the entire game.

As long as you can tolerate those, there's absolutely no reason to wait for the US release.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There ARE little hiccups in the translations.

"Think? But I'm a great thunker". (I think this is an intended joke but it's funny either way).

Not to mention the changes they put into this like changing the graphics of the sign for the circus to english and other things. Hell, they could've just taken the Japanese version out and just released it as it is. I can't think of any games that requires months of touching up the little mistakes... or maybe they're (I'm being optimistic) developing a 5th exclusive case....

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There ARE little hiccups in the translations.

"Think? But I'm a great thunker". (I think this is an intended joke but it's funny either way).

Not to mention the changes they put into this like changing the graphics of the sign for the circus to english and other things. Hell, they could've just taken the Japanese version out and just released it as it is. I can't think of any games that requires months of touching up the little mistakes... or maybe they're (I'm being optimistic) developing a 5th exclusive case....
I think it's just release politics getting in the way of an early US release. Maybe they have produced more PW1 carts and are waiting until everyone has bought those before getting out the next one. Maybe they don't want it to collide with the christmas flood and the console launches. Maybe they are waiting for the Spanish and/or French translation to finish so they can add it to the US release. Maybe they are waiting for Europe to catch up so they can get the next games out in both western territories simultaniously. Who knows?
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.