Hacking Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity - English Translation

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Huh, interesting. So it's like a MonHun PS? Kinda funny since AFAIK MonHun was based on PS. At worst it's a new spin-off: Online, Universe and now Nova.

No online is a surprise. Not even co-op? I compared it with PSO2 engine-wise, content-wise it's hard to compare.
I wouldn't call it a hunting game yet. It still has more resemblances with Diablo than with Monster Hunter. The thing with Monster Hunter is the individual Monsters have more depth than CoD campaigns nowadays and the combo system is beefy as f*ck and when you reach G rank you start counting frames to perfectly dodge some attacks.
Phantasy Star Nova doesn't have that. It will suffer from the PSO2 problem "Why going tank when going full DPS is better?" unless Tri ace does something smart with the Hunter class. But this thread is about infinity so lets not talk about nova anymore ;)

Reactions: Mage-Andrey

JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like hunting style games as well but infinity is nice where you go through the areas with standard enemies and reach the boss as opposed to what sometimes happens where it's like "Here's the boss, attack it for half an hour"

Reactions: eilegz

Weyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I like infinity because its combat system is very well done compared to many other action games.
Movement, guarding and dodging all work with very tight controls, so it's all up to the player to win through player skill.
Plus it has one of the deepest character building systems around, especially for a portable game.

The combination of fun/fair battles, deep mechanics and achievements that physically reward you (what other game does this!?) makes it a top tier game to me.

The only drawback is that the backgrounds are rather bland and you can't interact with them at all, outside of destructible containers.
I would have liked to see more interaction with the environment. Things such as NPCs that give you a new objective inside the mission, or more differing routes that lead to different enemies/bosses/rewards, more hidden items/monsters and similar.
Or just locations where you can click on various things and it would give you a description of the object.

Just some things that would give the game some more flavour would not have hurt during long grinding sessions. :)

DiabolicADD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is just a translation thread, but I want to know how hard it'd be to add the standard skin palette to the Desmans.
P.S. I tried PSO2 Dewmans are just not the same without Infinity Blasts...

Fefo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is just a translation thread, but I want to know how hard it'd be to add the standard skin palette to the Desmans.
P.S. I tried PSO2 Dewmans are just not the same without Infinity Blasts...

Standard as in Humans? Probably you'll have to tinker with in-game files (not worth) or try your luck with race changing cheats. On PSP2 changing from CASTs to others kept your eyes robo-like, but I don't remember any other side effects (wrong stats, etc.).

eilegz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
this its one of those games that sega really need to release on vita, i enjoyed a lot psp2 and it seems that infinity its better ;o;

Bigmac1923

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love PSP2 so I'm totally pumped about this project and hope you finish it. Sorry i can't help because I don't really know jack squat about the japanese language.

Just to let you know...
I SUPPORT THIS TO THE VERY END :bow:

Reactions: Zio_Infinity

Noxsys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just made an account to post and offer my support for this project and the ones working on it - hats off to you. Heavy breathing has begun. I really, really hope it comes to fruition - these screenshots look great.

Please keep up the great work!

JC200X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found out from someone on PSO-World that PPSSPP's latest auto build (v0.9.9.1-937) now has the graphic fix for PSP2/Infinity. It needs to have OpenGL enabled for the hack setting to take effect.

5iasG7O.jpg

0VM3rif.jpg

James01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I love Phantasy Star series on the PSP. I offer you my Thanks for this translation I had waited it for years I'm so much grateful to see this completed.
Thank you keep up the good work.

crioskun41

Trophies
XP
Country
OMG OMG :cry: you guys made my day!! :hrth: I had to create an account to show how much i luv u guys!
Just read this thread and i coudnt be more excited. hope this project will go through,, Ill support you guys all the way :yay::yay::yay:

Cursed Kaiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i just made this account (a year ago :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: ) just to thank this team for translating Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity... keep up the good work ^_^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la