Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity - English Translation

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by JamRules, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    I think everybody should be playing PSO2 by now. It's gameplay mechanic is superior to PSP2i anyway.

2. Fefo

Fefo GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2011
    Brazil

Very reasonable points. I dunno, maybe I guttin' gud on that game adapted my playstyle to something reliable, as tech spam isn't. Gimegid + Magical Sign for mobbing (with a HeartWand, because items are cheap and Celeb spend my munies) and Flozir + Ra/Zonde for bosses (full Flozir being a bonus if you can mantain those useless NPCs alive). In the end that game still has some charm to me :)

PSP2 forces aren't bad, they just lag behind other types and feel weak compared to other games. And you posted the wrong video for PSP2i...

Forces? Of destruction right? :)

Nah, they cater to different people. Online x Universe, PC x portable, full online x offlinish.

While on this, can GameGuard be trusted? Unwanted, unknown and resource-hungry services will always be seen as malware to me, reason or no reason.

Mage-Andrey likes this.
  3. drakogarnus

drakogarnus Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2014
    United States
    as a long time fan of phantasy star online,phantasy star portable 2 impressed me beyond psu and surpasses my love,then I was so exited about this release only to have that beautifull new game slapped away,if you can get an English patch working/made I may cry in joy. so I say to you GODS SPEED.
    all hail falz.

Bigmac1923 likes this.
  4. drakogarnus

drakogarnus Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2014
    United States
    it is in its own way
    I enjoy it but something about psp2/infinity makes me want to dive back in that and I don't see olga flow or chaos bringers/pso bosses in pso2

5. XrosBlader821

XrosBlader821 Digimon Tamer

Feb 1, 2014
    Germany
    However soundtracks tidbits are in PSO2 during Dark Falz Raids.

6. Fefo

Fefo GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2011
    Brazil
    Is the PSP/2/i original, or remixed from PSU/AotI? I was searching for it now and would like to avoid downloading 4/5 fairly similar OSTs.

7. Mage-Andrey

Mage-Andrey Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2014
    Watched pso2 gameplay videos. And there is SEA version which is.. english i believe + there is community english patch for jp version. Yet.. the game just doesnt attract me like psp2i does. Oh and psp2i is quite playable online via add hoc, you'll just need a console, since emulator has its problems.

To Fefo-Kun: Yes i saw video you posted. And yes that maxed-out force really wrecks. Still, video i posted shows non-maxed force, more techs, bow, cards, and has a bit better quality. It shows that even a non-maxed force is great, and shows one of my faves : Nosdiga, in use. At any rate, good job showing more of force supremacy ;)

8. JC200X

JC200X Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2009
    United States
    It also shows how much of a noob the Force in the video that Fefo posted is, using only Sazonde and Diga like that. Haha. ...Wait a minute.

But yeah, Forces went from underwelming in PSP2 to broken in Infinity. ._.

9. Fefo

Fefo GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2011
    Brazil
    Nosdiga is love on tech form: Triple homing launching stunning earth blast. :wub:

But both are right, now all classes can be effective, diverse and OP.

10. JamRules
    OP

JamRules .....

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    I enjoyed forces (and all skills) much more on PSP1, I always thought the pick up skills thing for 2 was stupid

11. Fefo

Fefo GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2011
    Brazil

Grinding is reliable, farming isn't. I had zero shame on cheating all my skills on PSP2 when I lost my save, and RNG still messed me a lot.

12. Hex2life

Hex2life Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2014
    United States
    Nashville, North Carolina
    Is there any way to play the iso online?

13. JC200X

JC200X Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2009
    United States
    Buy a new copy of the game and register the code that comes with it. I think the game was unlisted from the PS Store a while ago, so Amazon will be your friend. Just checked and it's $12.42 at the moment. I wouldn't mind getting a second, physical copy for that price.

14. PEWDIEPIE (FAN)

PEWDIEPIE (FAN) Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2014
    guys. can you predict it when will the patched will finished? im so excited. ^^ ahaha :cry:

15. JamRules
    OP

JamRules .....

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    No idea, not for a while

16. oxMUDxo

oxMUDxo GBAtemp Fan

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    Missouri - USA
    Is it safe to assume it will be ready some time in 2015?

17. JamRules
    OP

JamRules .....

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    Well it won't be this year and I hope it'll be done by the end of next but you never know

18. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jul 13, 2014
    Syria
    I believe Jems and His team can complete this just be patient it is a virtue. .....

Btw jems is the release date for sol trigger beginning of next year

19. JamRules
    OP

JamRules .....

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    No idea on that either, again I really hope it gets finished next year.

20. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jul 13, 2014
    Syria

Thanks
    Next year is a big year lots of games books films are all coming out next year
    As well as my exams :{

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted