Persona 5 Royal has a spring 2020 launch window for the west

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Aug 19, 2019.

Front-page

Persona 5 Royal has already been confirmed for a western release, in both North America and Europe, though Atlus had not disclosed just how long fans would have to wait between the Japanese release this fall, and the eventual English localization. During the Atlus Art Exhibit 2019, fans were treated to a new trailer, which narrows down the game's launch to a Spring 2020 release window, for the PlayStation 4. In Japan, Persona 5: The Royal is set for an October 31st release.

NoNAND, DJPlace, jesterscourt and 4 others like this.
    Discussion (20 replies)
  1. oji

oji GBAtemp Fan

Sep 1, 2012
    Russia
    In Soviet Russia you're the Location
    Too bad it won't come to a portable platform like Vita or Switch, as I don't play long jRPGs on my TV.

2. emigre

emigre An electric type pokemons

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London
    Note to self. Book annual leave is spring 2020.

Silent_Gunner and x65943 like this.
  3. Mohammed2935

Mohammed2935 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 4, 2018
    Kuwait
    Animal crossing, persona 5 royal and final fantasy 7 remake in one month , say PAF PAF to your money.

4. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    But, I just beat the game last month on PC...

5. Mohammed2935

Mohammed2935 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 4, 2018
    Kuwait
    I bought the whole persona serie this month.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Mohammed2935, Aug 19, 2019
    jesterscourt and CallmeBerto like this.
  6. DJPlace

DJPlace The Hater of Sony Censor Ship!!

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    i'm replaying Persona 5 for some odd reason..... but still it's cool that this is coming out hopeful the story will change a bit...

7. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    Ithink all of these spinoffs will end killing Interest in the series.

8. ThatOneCookie

ThatOneCookie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2018
    United States
    from what it looks like from the trailers alot of things will be changed

Silent_Gunner and DJPlace like this.
  9. proffk

proffk GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    Still thinking where this new character fits in to the story.

10. MassiveRican

MassiveRican GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante

Aug 2, 2011
    Creeping in the Shadows
    Pissed it's not coming to Switch, already spent 140+ hrs on the original.. not sure if this'll be worth it yet to buy again.

11. LightBeam

LightBeam GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2018
    France
    Still can't believe they won't release this on Switch

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  12. jesterscourt

jesterscourt Not Brad.

Jan 3, 2007
    United States
    My dream is that Atlus would release a dream collection for Persona fans for the switch:
    Persona 3 Azure - Complete version of Persona 3, includes FES as well as having FemMC option
    Persona 4 Extra Golden - Complete version of Persona 4 Golden, includes more cutscenes from the P4 anime and the P4G anime
    Persona 5 Scarlet - Complete version of Persona 5 Royal

Before you say... yes Persona Revelations and Persona 2 Innocent Sin and Persona 2 Eternal Punishment deserve to be re-released as well, but even I think that is asking for too much.

13. 98otiss

98otiss irrelevant folfcoon

Aug 22, 2015
    Canada
    Metaverse
    having p5r's release date is cool and all but wheres p5s
    atlus pls

14. XDel

XDel Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Another Huxleyian Dystopia
    What, no release for the Odyssey 2?!?

15. OkazakiTheOtaku

OkazakiTheOtaku no thanks, I don't want a custom title

Jul 20, 2016
    Japan
    Can't wait for this. I love playing on the PS4 and remote playing on my Vita will fill the non-portable void, as well as letting my play it at my computer desk.

16. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Mad Dog of Rambling and Insanity

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    I've beat this game twice already; once as part of an experiment to play the PS3 version on RPCS3 on a PC rocking an i5-4690k, 16GB of DDR3 RAM, and a GTX 1060. Yes, I managed to beat the game, but it sure wasn't the most pleasant ride on a technical level.

The second time was on my PS4 Slim that I only got because I wanted to play some of the newer Yakuza games and whatever exclusives that may have interested me on the PS4. But seeing as those games are on PC or coming to it in one form or another (emulation or official release, does it matter when 60fps patches will make the game run better? *gives Yakuza 5 evil glare*), my PS4 is just collecting dust, especially as I already finished those games on PS3 before the remasters were even announced to be a thing.

I'm probably going to be selling my PS4 Slim (it's a gold model with a 1TB HDD built-in if anyone happens to be interested) along with both controllers (Gold and the Red Crystal) real soon, especially seeing as the PS5 is supposed to be backwards compatible to some extent with PS4 games. We'll see how that plays out, but I'd be lying if I acted like I was real enthusiastic about this re-release BS. This isn't the same thing as Persona 4 Golden where it's the same game just with more to do: it's Persona 5, with presumably the same story, but a new part of the game with what I can only assume is a new ending and final boss (could it be Nyarlathotep? Could Philemon finally make an explicit appearance? Will Jordan Peterson be referenced because of him being a fan of Jung?) that does seem interesting, but it just screams "Totally-Not-The-Answer," and I don't know how many people would be receptive to something along those lines!

I think that, going forward, they should stop doing animes that no one gives a shit about and focus that money more on making a complete game the first time around. Even compared to the older Persona games, the base version of this game is a lot longer than the previous entries, and that's saying something for an RPG series!

17. DBlaze

DBlaze I don't know what i'm doing.

Nov 15, 2006
    Netherlands
    :creep: just remote play it on the vita then

18. LightBeam

LightBeam GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2018
    France
    Believe in your dreams, buddy, maybe one day it will be realized. It's unlikely, but you never know. I'm sure we're in the right timeline since I saw Ridley finally arrive in Smash Bros.

jesterscourt likes this.
  19. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Mad Dog of Rambling and Insanity

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    That's right! You have to think positive!

LightBeam likes this.