Persona 5 Royal has a spring 2020 launch window for the west

Persona 5 Royal has already been confirmed for a western release, in both North America and Europe, though Atlus had not disclosed just how long fans would have to wait between the Japanese release this fall, and the eventual English localization. During the Atlus Art Exhibit 2019, fans were treated to a new trailer, which narrows down the game's launch to a Spring 2020 release window, for the PlayStation 4. In Japan, Persona 5: The Royal is set for an October 31st release.

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
I bought the whole persona serie this month.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190819-185849_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190819-185849_Outlook.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 149
  • Screenshot_20190819-185912_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190819-185912_Outlook.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 169
  • 20190819_190352.jpg
    20190819_190352.jpg
    353.1 KB · Views: 138
Last edited by MohammedQ8,

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm replaying Persona 5 for some odd reason..... but still it's cool that this is coming out hopeful the story will change a bit...

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still can't believe they won't release this on Switch

My dream is that Atlus would release a dream collection for Persona fans for the switch:
Persona 3 Azure - Complete version of Persona 3, includes FES as well as having FemMC option
Persona 4 Extra Golden - Complete version of Persona 4 Golden, includes more cutscenes from the P4 anime and the P4G anime
Persona 5 Scarlet - Complete version of Persona 5 Royal

Before you say... yes Persona Revelations and Persona 2 Innocent Sin and Persona 2 Eternal Punishment deserve to be re-released as well, but even I think that is asking for too much.

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Can't wait for this. I love playing on the PS4 and remote playing on my Vita will fill the non-portable void, as well as letting my play it at my computer desk.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've beat this game twice already; once as part of an experiment to play the PS3 version on RPCS3 on a PC rocking an i5-4690k, 16GB of DDR3 RAM, and a GTX 1060. Yes, I managed to beat the game, but it sure wasn't the most pleasant ride on a technical level.

The second time was on my PS4 Slim that I only got because I wanted to play some of the newer Yakuza games and whatever exclusives that may have interested me on the PS4. But seeing as those games are on PC or coming to it in one form or another (emulation or official release, does it matter when 60fps patches will make the game run better? *gives Yakuza 5 evil glare*), my PS4 is just collecting dust, especially as I already finished those games on PS3 before the remasters were even announced to be a thing.

I'm probably going to be selling my PS4 Slim (it's a gold model with a 1TB HDD built-in if anyone happens to be interested) along with both controllers (Gold and the Red Crystal) real soon, especially seeing as the PS5 is supposed to be backwards compatible to some extent with PS4 games. We'll see how that plays out, but I'd be lying if I acted like I was real enthusiastic about this re-release BS. This isn't the same thing as Persona 4 Golden where it's the same game just with more to do: it's Persona 5, with presumably the same story, but a new part of the game with what I can only assume is a new ending and final boss (could it be Nyarlathotep? Could Philemon finally make an explicit appearance? Will Jordan Peterson be referenced because of him being a fan of Jung?) that does seem interesting, but it just screams "Totally-Not-The-Answer," and I don't know how many people would be receptive to something along those lines!

I think that, going forward, they should stop doing animes that no one gives a shit about and focus that money more on making a complete game the first time around. Even compared to the older Persona games, the base version of this game is a lot longer than the previous entries, and that's saying something for an RPG series!

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
My dream is that Atlus would release a dream collection for Persona fans for the switch:
Persona 3 Azure - Complete version of Persona 3, includes FES as well as having FemMC option
Persona 4 Extra Golden - Complete version of Persona 4 Golden, includes more cutscenes from the P4 anime and the P4G anime
Persona 5 Scarlet - Complete version of Persona 5 Royal

Before you say... yes Persona Revelations and Persona 2 Innocent Sin and Persona 2 Eternal Punishment deserve to be re-released as well, but even I think that is asking for too much.
Believe in your dreams, buddy, maybe one day it will be realized. It's unlikely, but you never know. I'm sure we're in the right timeline since I saw Ridley finally arrive in Smash Bros.

Reactions: jesterscourt

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s