Gaming Persona 3 Portable its OUT!

hanako01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone else come upon a never ending black screen on the day of the 2nd full moon? When trying to enter the faculty office?

sword414

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wow this game is actually very good... if only ps3 slim had backward compatibility, and my ps2 wasn't bricked, I would go out right now and buy P4

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Can't be bothered to read the whole thread, so can someone gimmie details of what psp they use, firmware, plugin (Prometheus Module or m33_620), whether is works or not and perhaps some notes about it?

melvox

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uggh...Why did they have to take awa the amazing anime cutscenes....especially orpheus & the main protagonist's awakening...that would have been cooler.... -> *mumbles* per...so...na*opens eyes widely* then boom! Evoker headshot!

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I also wondered why they removed the anime cutscenes, which is really the only thing I hate about this version so far. They probably didn't want to bother making alternate versions for the female MC or something. Though I was also pretty disappointed at first when you weren't able to walk around outside of Tartarus, I realized that this new system is actually better in a way, as it cuts down on a lot of unnecessary exploration time.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fgghjjkll said:
Can't be bothered to read the whole thread, so can someone gimmie details of what psp they use, firmware, plugin (Prometheus Module or m33_620), whether is works or not and perhaps some notes about it?
Whilst I know it can be tiresome reading large threads (not sure if 5 pages qualifies
unsure.gif
), I still tend to read the initial post, before posting a question.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Finishoff said:
Yes! time to dust off my PSP and fire it up.

Same story here, had to find it and charge the batt. first (that was after a good search for the powersuply)
biggrin.gif

Dark^'^Knight said:
QUOTE(fgghjjkll @ Jul 8 2010, 03:04 PM) Can't be bothered to read the whole thread, so can someone gimmie details of what psp they use, firmware, plugin (Prometheus Module or m33_620), whether is works or not and perhaps some notes about it?
Whilst I know it can be tiresome reading large threads (not sure if 5 pages qualifies
unsure.gif

The untouched ISO works fine on CFW M33-6 with m33_620 plugin!
As far as i understand GENx and higher need Prometheus or a patched iso.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
DjoeN said:
Dark^'^Knight said:
fgghjjkll said:
unsure.gif

The untouched ISO works fine on CFW M33-6 with m33_620 plugin!
As far as i understand GENx and higher need Prometheus or a patched iso.
Thank you. I'll add that to the Compatibility list now
biggrin.gif

edit: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Prometheus_m3...patibility_List

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What does the "data install" menu does ?
I don't have enough space left on my MS to try it.

Is that needed to the in-game story, or can I create it whenever I want ?
Or maybe it's only for UMD users to install the game on MS ?

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
What exactly is this? It's getting decent hype... I would like to know the selling point of the game and decide if I should try it.
tongue.gif

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Raika said:
What exactly is this? It's getting decent hype... I would like to know the selling point of the game and decide if I should try it.
tongue.gif
I've played for about an hour last night.
It's a mix between a visual novel (so far since most of it is just talking) and a turn based RPG - a bit of gameplay
The story is decent.

and yeah, they shoot their heads to summon Persona's ;-;

@Cyan; Data install saves pieces of the game onto your memory card for faster loading times. It becomes obsolete when you're already loading from the memory card.

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
@Cyan; Data install saves pieces of the game onto your memory card for faster loading times. It becomes obsolete when you're already loading from the memory card.
No it doesn't. Data install extracts and installs data that the game uses a lot for quick access and faster load times. Have you ever played Monster Hunter Freedom Unite in ISO form with and without Data Install? Massive, massive difference. It's the difference between 10 second load times and a 1 second load time. A very tangible difference and certainly not "obsolete".

And to whoever was asking, yes Prometheus works on the PSP 1000 that's what I have and I'm using Prometheus. I couldn't tell you about 2000 or 3000 though.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the info.

for the game, I prefer moving a character than a target point, but I'm sure we get used to it
tongue.gif

And for the dub voices, woman voices are not that bad. It was only the beginning of the game with the train station, and the kid's voice which were bad.

as for the compatibility, I'm using 2000v2 + m33-6 + 6.20 plugin. Working fine

sword414

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Atlus strikes again with untranslated text... (like in devil survivor)
theres random boxes/japanese characters right before you have sex with Yuko

sword414

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
having sex is optional...
tongue.gif

infact, everything in this game is optional except for the storyline portions every full moon.

so i didnt spoil anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: