Hacking People Charging for Softmods (Wiigator V0.1)

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Screemer said:
i hope those guys get screwed like the psp modders on craigslist.

I agree with you , they charged my friends brother 40 bucks and they will not even update the CFW for him , till I heard about it and took care of him
yaypsp.gif
free with a smile

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah - ive had to put my softmod-v01-for-fiftybucks.com website into liquidation - how will the kids eat now ? .... erm yes i know i dont have any , but what if i had ? huh ? huh ?

Its ok to charge a 'donation' fee for your time effort and aquired knowledge in my opinion as long as its not overboard.

The new loader is not piracy since no one would be selling any games - the piracy would be on the 'customers' side if they downloaded games.

Lord Kanti

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When did charging for a service become a crime? whats wrong with charging 50 bucks for 6-20 minutes of service rather than spends weeks or months researching on the internet AND still having to go through with it.

you got to buy a game
have a set of controllers
maybe a gc pad depending what youre installing,
patients
and the right files.

there area lot of steps between installing hbc and backup loader 3, a lot could happen inbeween.

It takes time and know how that some people cant afford, but they have money that they gladly spend out of convenience. would you spend 150 bucks for a plumber to fix a leak when time is of the essence or would you spend a semester at plumbers school to figure it out yourself?

when you're older, have money and stability and realize how valuable your time is on this earth, 50 bucks to some punk kid who knows what he's doing is a small price to pay.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Lord Kanti said:
When did charging for a service become a crime? whats wrong with charging 50 bucks for 6-20 minutes of service rather than spends weeks or months researching on the internet AND still having to go through with it.

If you can't see what's wrong with charging $50 for 6 minutes of watching something "install..."

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
arctic_flame said:
If you can't see what's wrong with charging $50 for 6 minutes of watching something "install..."

If your PC had a virus and a guy installed a program to fix it for you and ran a scan and cleared it in 6 mins ... would you expect a charge for the service ?

Lord Kanti

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dude a smog check costs 60 and its a cake job. I'd rather pay my 60 bucks and get the hell out of there in 6 minutes than sit in the smelly office for the usual 30mins to hour depending on the wait.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I think it is where the individual draws their own line with this certain scenario... I personally, would accept a donation for doing it for someone. I don't know what WiiGators's opinion of this. But I am sure he was well aware of what the ripple would cause when he started releasing his loader. I would wait until a more official version comes out and I would always wait for the BootMii to come out as well. I would like to leave someone's Wii knowing that I wouldn't get them calling me back because of imcompatability issues or from the firmware update doing something to their Wii to make BUL not work anymore. Then I would feel obligated to fix it. So for one thing I would definately wait before I started taking on other people's consoles with a beta. I already have people asking me to do it for them as well, I tell them let's wait until there is something more stable.. I don't want you calling me back every other day with a bunch of the same questions that people are already having.. it would just make it seem like it wasn't even worth it.. If you can live with yourself and not let it go to your head then I personally think that it's your choice. I wouldn't supply them all the games though... Maybe burn like 10 backups for them and tell them how to get the rest like I did.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel