PCSX Revolution

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by FireEmblemGuy, Jun 27, 2009.

1. FireEmblemGuy
    OP

FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
  2. 9th_Sage

9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 30, 2008
    United States
    Yeah, I'm not sure what this IS exactly either. I haven't tried it out much, but I do know that SoTN doesn't appear to work on it (though ToP seems to, albiet slowly....I think that's mostly just the sound though). I've asked around on the EmulateMii site for information, to see if they know about it.

Hopefully they'll get back to me.

3. limesherbert

limesherbert GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2008
    United States
    and they did, apparently progress is being made...

4. Blue-K

Blue-K No right of appeal.

Jun 21, 2008
    Swaziland
    Helvetica
    Come on [​IMG] ...I don't think that one man can "beat" the EmulateMii-Team...he better should join WiiSX, and not make a new Emu, which is based on WiiSX...all that sounds like a pure fail to me...

5. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    "F**k PlayStation!"

...OK, my trolling is over ROFL

6. koji2009

koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    pcsx reloaded is a branch of the PC emulator PCSC which Wiisx also uses... I'm not sure it's a rip off of Wiisx so much as it uses the same base sources for the emulator.

Competition is actually BETTER for improvement, not worse. Though it's hardly competition when both products are completely free...

7. Levente

Levente GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2006
    Hungary
    The gamecube version also has an option to exit to the homebrew channel, please put this out.
    ( when it is choosed you get a codedump)

8. RedwinD

RedwinD Member

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2009
    i couldnt make the file scph1001.bin to copy it to folder bios [​IMG]
    can someone help me? thanks

9. kevenz

kevenz GBAtemp Regular

Oct 20, 2008
    Canada
    SOTN isn't working? damn, that's pretty much the only psx game I want to play.....

10. emupaul

emupaul GBAtemp Fan

Jun 26, 2009
    United States
    space
    Second that. And well maybe also Orge Battle Tactics.

11. Jacobeian

Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 15, 2008
    Cuba
    By looking at the code, it's simply a fork of the SVN version of wiisx (pcsxgc), except some additionnal controller & sd/usb support, which is really not a hard task to do...

I would not hold my breathe on this project, anybody can recompile code and add some basic features which are already in most opensource emulators, emukiddid's crew probably know much better about emulation techniques & optimizations... I'm sure most people would start saying "omg, they need to work together blablabla" but I don't really think this would help them to know how to add Classic Controller support in WiiSx [​IMG]

At least, that did make them releasing a beta of their current progress on wiisx, see here (didn't have tested yet but seems very promising as they based their work on an improved version of pcsx with better compatibilty)

12. limesherbert

limesherbert GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2008
    United States
    SMH the legacy of Playstation can hardly be fathomed, friend. It's a wonder why the emulatemii team prioritizes N64 over it.

13. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I tried Tenchu (the first on PSX) and the thing got stuck loading files from the bin/cue the game never ran. I tried this emu because USB support, I´m running out space on my SD =P

14. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Well it works fine on WiiSX, albeit some sound issues. It's a pretty managable size too.