Hardware PC: VC/WiiWare installer?

Vattu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi..

Just upgraded my EU Wii to 4.0E using waninkoko's installer and IOS60. Tried installing Super Mario 64 VC on Wii (through wad installer), and back too SD card on the Wii. Game loads and works.

Now I'm wondering, is it POSSIBLE to create a PC application that installs WAD VC/WiiWare games directly and properly to SD card (from WAD)? For that, one might need information about the console's unique ID and region. If that's sufficient, the app can be created.

My guess is that such a program is NOT POSSIBLE, because when the Wii console is transferring the game back to SD-card, the Wii stores some info on its own NAND memory. Such action makes any external program (i.e. on PC) very difficult, if not impossible.

What are your opinions on this matter?

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
It is not possible unfortunately. When you install the wad, it installs tickets onto the wii that are necessary for it to run. If you put it directly onto the SD card, right directory and everything, the wii will not be able to identify it.

DEagleson

Gamer Extraordinaire
Trophies
Website
raptr.com
XP
Country
Norway
supermodchips said:
It is not possible unfortunately. When you install the wad, it installs tickets onto the wii that are necessary for it to run. If you put it directly onto the SD card, right directory and everything, the wii will not be able to identify it.

Only way as of now is to wait "hours" when moving WiiWare and VC stuff from internal memory to the SD card. xD

Vattu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
al right. bad for us
tongue.gif
just make a .dol that create those tickets
wink.gif
thanks for your replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.