Hacking Patching Dlc character to another one In Smash 4?

Xplic1T

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anybody specify if ops method can be triggered with loadiine ? is SDCaffine a must ?

Followed all methods and game boots ... just nothing is unlocked in character select screen.

Rak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The mod changing the thread title was bullshit. It is ok if they take down the links, as gbatemp rules prohibit copyrighted material to be directly linked here, but the matter of fact is that this solution DOES provide free DLC once you figure out exactly how you are supposed to patch the game. This is not the "overwrite another character" BS solution.
If anyone else is having problems using the patch, here is what I did for a physical copy of the USA version of smash (thanks to c80n):

Download patch
Put files in 0005000010144F00/patch
Load Kernel 31 (this was the thing giving me problems)
Load SDCaffiine
Load game

After that my results were:
All DLC character were available.
Mii fighters icon bugged into a mario icon, but the mii's were still selectable.
The game would shout out MEELE when entering the character selection screen.
I was able to play online with the DLC characters with no problems.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
but the matter of fact is that this solution DOES provide free DLC once you figure out exactly how you are supposed to patch the game.
Then my bad, I thought it was a replacement (by editing an existing DLC value to another), not a way to unlock all DLCs at the same time

aidotato5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then my bad, I thought it was a replacement (by editing an existing DLC value to another), not a way to unlock all DLCs at the same time

No problem, we all make mistakes, such as not using the Melee opening as the intro video in Sm4sh. ; )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, no