Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I do not give a shit about what the # 3dsdev devs think! if I use it for homebrew it's my problem if I use it for piracy it's my problem!
they just wanted to keep people on their claws and mocked of peoples like that: do you want a CFW? '' Do it yourself '' ''I have it you don't''
And now they are just pissed off that someone did it by himself but we just did what they were saying ^^

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
I was the one who had found the paste/instructions for the whole thing. Would that make me a contributor? I'd like to be a part of #3dsdev as I'm learning C and would definitely would like some pointers and help on making 3DS homebrew
You should ask one of the OPs in the channel for an answer. But the impression I've got from them is less "we don't want to allow Pasta devs" and more "we don't want people asking for answers that would directly contribute to Pasta development".
Or you could always just join under a different name like several other people do. :P

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
To be honest 90% of the code of the cirrently available CFWs come from that community (leaked, sold to GW or released).

It's not a matter of piracy, it's a matter of giant ego.

I have to disagree there. #3dsdev is made of normal people (even those who I don't agree with), but they are usually supportive if you have any coding or graphic questions. I have to say if it wasn't for some devs of there, handheld development would have been way more limited than to it is now. (this is DS and 3DS development) that would have gone to stall because all that is publicly available required at some point A LOT of testing / HUMAN WASTED HOURS.

I wonder how many of you will cry when your code doesn't work as intended, and then someone with the knowhow helps you (directly / pastebin / whatever), and you will still blame their egos.

Lightning ThB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I wonder how many of you will cry when your code doesn't work as intended, and then someone with the knowhow helps you (directly / pastebin / whatever), and you will still blame their egos.

Yeah, still will. After all, their whole anti-piracy crap is just for show. "I don't want the others to have access to piracy, but I can have access to it". And if said help comes directly from them, then they're hypocrites.

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
Ego is always a bad thing. Helping other people is an exercise of ego suppression.
I'm gonna ask you a question, Why is .Cia the only method to run 3DS games for free?, is there any future for a CFW able to run .3ds or .3dz games?, like the flashcards for the DS with .nds.

dela

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
speaking honestly; I do not agree with piracy. But like homebrew and hacking rom. I development for enabling the rom hacking. Who wants pirattere today has already the tools.
As for # I 3dsdev think as nop 90

Reactions: Margen67

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who is Vappy!? I mean, is he an Elite Dev ?
I can't name anything he has written offhand, but I do know he is knowledgeable.

Smea is one dev I don't really feel is bad. He views differently than us, makes jokes, but I have spoken with him slightly and had a good time. I'm far from a great dev, mediocre is still generous, and he wasn't a dick to me.

Ambassador

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
sorry guys, but can you stop "throwing bricks" at each other? it's not so interesting to read all this debate about the "elite" & "not-elite" developers.

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
try to write homebrew, which will run .*3ds roms
I didn't tell him to create a homebrew to run .3ds games, i was asking him why is .3ds not able to run in most cfw's, obviously, i will not know how to create a homebrew to run .3ds roms, because, even if i want to make something like that, i need the first question answered. Why is .3ds not able to run in any CFW, but in Gateway it's possible, what's the difference?, and why the CFW can't run that format but instead cia.

Lightning ThB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why is .3ds not able to run in any CFW, but in Gateway it's possible, what's the difference?, and why the CFW can't run that format but instead cia.

The .3ds and .3dz formats are cart dumps. I guess that Gateway can run them exactly because they're inserted in the cart slot.
To make the same thing on CFWs you'd need to write a Card Slot emulator. I guess that's only possible if you can send codes to ARM11, which seems to be quite unstable AFAIK. And it would be too much of a hassle when you can convert a .3ds to .cia anyway.

And the .cia format was created by Nintendo itself as install package.

But I'm only a noob doing some guesswork.

Reactions: Witalka_Shelby

williamcesar2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
speaking honestly; I do not agree with piracy. But like homebrew and hacking rom. I development for enabling the rom hacking. Who wants pirattere today has already the tools.
As for # I 3dsdev think as nop 90

I don't agree with piracy too but I use it anyway but it's ok, elite developers doesn't agree with piracy but they have also their own rom loaders so I'm doing it right! :rofl2:

Reactions: Margen67

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just thought of something. If nop90 doesn't include a way to install a title manager upon release of spiderpasta, I wonder if there could be a binary implemented with an installation code for a predefined filename could be also run from browser, like he was talking about earlier.

Something like this chunk from @Steveice10's FBI main.cpp:
Code:
if(mode == INSTALL_CIA) {
AppResult ret = appInstallFile(destination, path, onProgress);
prevProgress = -1;
if(ret == APP_SUCCESS) {
resultMsg << "succeeded!";
} else {
resultMsg << "failed!" << "\n";
resultMsg << appGetResultString(ret) << "\n";
}

Edit: I know it'd take more than that, but, it's an idea.

Last edited by Slushie3DS,

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I just thought of something. If nop90 doesn't include a way to install a title manager upon release of spiderpasta, I wonder if there could be a binary implemented with an installation code for a predefined filename could be also run from browser, like he was talking about earlier.

Something like this chunk from @Steveice10's FBI main.cpp:
Code:
if(mode == INSTALL_CIA) {
AppResult ret = appInstallFile(destination, path, onProgress);
prevProgress = -1;
if(ret == APP_SUCCESS) {
resultMsg << "succeeded!";
} else {
resultMsg << "failed!" << "\n";
resultMsg << appGetResultString(ret) << "\n";
}

Edit: I know it'd take more than that, but, it's an idea.

Steveice uses his own library, named ctrcommon, that requires ctrulib. AFAIK, we can run ctrulib code through spider, but we need to do this first:

just fyi, you can run code that uses ctrulib to run under spider. the main thing is you need to somehow clean up spider (kill threads, close handles) and figure out *where* to put your code (on 9.2 and below you can use rohax to remap everything the way you want, but on 9.3+ you're limited to taking over a CRO).
there's code in ninjhax that cleans up spider's environment, but some of it relies on having rohax.

tbh, i think a better solution than this would be :
- on 9.3+, takeover an existing app from spider so you can just copy code over its .text with gspwn (should be pretty easy, see regionthree for an example of how to do this)
- on 9.2 and below, use the later stages of ninjhax to do rohax, clean up spider and use hb service to run 3dsx files.

neither of those things should be too hard, would just take time basically. i can guarantee that they're better than making a spider-specific "library" though.

in any case, good luck.

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Steveice uses his own library, named ctrcommon, that requires ctrulib. AFAIK, we can run ctrulib code through spider, but we need to do this first:
Yeah, I was just asking him about ctrcommon. He was incredibly helpful. As for Smealum's quote, that is obviously easier said than done. It will require a lot of picking.

EDIT: Honestly, I'd much rather attempt to bootleg regionthree into what I want instead of attempting to complete anything near the caliber of spiderninja.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good afternoon
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good afternoon