Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure I found it, here.

THIS DOESN'T WORK ON 2DS OR N3DS!

Today I'll be showing you how to get CFW on 3DS without a DS Flashcart or a Gateway! This is the first ever video tutorial on how to do this WITHOUT a DS Flashcart ever needed. To make this even more convenient, I put all the files needed into one .zip archive for you to download. No installation, just a few programs you'll need to run. Follow the video tutorial, but refer back to the written one if you forgot to do something. I also made the video available in 1080p if you like high quality videos :P

~~~WHAT YOU WILL NEED~~~
1. SD Card (At least 1GB)
2. 3DS
3. Internet Access
4. "All CFW Files" downloaded
5. Computer (PC or Mac are recommended)

~~~TUTORIAL~~~
Skip the pre-setup steps if your 3DS is 4.5 or below! Do the pre-setup if your 3DS is above 4.5.

(Pre-setup) 1. Downgrade your 3DS Firmware to 4.5 or less using this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziB29...
(Pre-setup) 2.Turn off your 3DS after that's complete.
1. Download & Extract the folder "All CFW Files".
2. Delete ALL files from your SD Card.
3. Copy the folders inside "All CFW Files" to the root of your SD Card.
4. Copy the "MT_INSTALLER" and "Launcher.dat" from the "MT Card Files" folder, and paste them on the root of your SD Card.
5. Copy everything from inside the "Spider3DSTools & code.bin" folder, and paste them on the root of your SD Card.
5a. Your SD Card should look like mine at the end of Step 1 now!
6. Eject your SD Card and put it into your 3DS.
7. Start up your 3DS.
8. Launch the Internet Browser, and go to this URL: http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.co...
9. Wait for it to finish installing the DS Profile Exploit. The web browser will crash when it's complete.
10. Once its finished installing, go to Settings -- Other Settings -- Profile -- Nintendo DS Profile Settings.
10a. If the MT Card Launcher loads, then you've successfully installed the DS Profile Exploit!
11. Turn off your 3DS by holding down the power button for about 15 seconds.
12. Eject your SD Card, and insert it into your computer.
13. Copy the "Launcher.dat" from "Gateway Launcher.dat" on your SD Card.
14. Paste it to the root of your SD Card, overwriting the "Launcher.dat" from the "MT Card Files" folder.
14a. Your SD Card should look like mine at the end of Step 3 now!
15. Eject your SD Card from your computer, and put it back into your 3DS.
16. Start up your 3DS.
17. Go to Settings -- Other Settings -- Profile -- Nintendo DS Profile Settings.
18. The Gateway menu should load.
19. Scroll to the right until you find the "FORMAT EMUNAND" option.
20. Click "A".
21. Click "Start".
22. Wait for it to finish formatting. This part of the video is time-lapsed! It will take a lot longer than it does in the video.
23. Press "A" when it's done.
23a. You've successfully formatted emuNAND!
24. Turn off your 3DS by holding down the power button for about 15 seconds.
25. Eject your SD Card and insert it into your computer.
25a. It should be named "GATEWAYNAND" now.
26. Navigate to SD:\Nintendo 3DS\gibberish numbers and letters\gibberish numbers and letters\ and create a folder called "dbs".
27. Make a new text document.
28. Do not put ANYTHING in it, and save it as "title.db" and save it once again as "import.db". Make sure to change the file extension from *.txt to All Files.
28a. You've successfully tricked your system!
29. Eject your SD Card, and insert it into your 3DS.
30. Turn on your 3DS and go to Settings -- Data Management -- Nintendo 3DS Software
31. Click OK when it asks you to format data.
32. Once it's done, go back into Settings -- Other Settings -- Profile.
33. Hold the "L" Button, and go into Nintendo DS Profile.
33a. You've successfully installed & booted CFW!
33b. If it doesn't work, try letting go of the "L" button very quickly after clicking Nintendo DS Profile.

~~~DOWNLOADS~~~
All CFW Files: http://www.mediafire.com/download/pxc...

All CFW Files (Mirror): http://www.fast-files.com/getfile.asp...

All CFW Files (Mirror 2): http://gamebrew.22web.org/uploads/All...

~~~FAQ~~~
Q: Will this brick my 3DS?
A: Possibly. When in doubt, back up your NAND.

Thanks for watching! I hope this helped! Don't forget to like and subscribe for more tutorials like this.

Just got home. And yes thats it. i'm downloading the package now so i can sift through and grab that app. ill repackage it.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Umm..... How does this work? What should happen after I tap on "DS Profile" ? What happens on mine is that the screen turns white, then black, and then back to the home screen. But all the CIA's I installed using Palantine do not work.

My redNAND and sysNAND are linked so I'm expecting that after loading PastaCFW, I should be able to run the games in my SD card (The only difference is that I'm on sysNAND rather than on redNAND). Or perhaps I am wrong?
Cause pasta boot on sysnand, not in emunand.

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
Cause pasta boot on sysnand, not in emunand.

I understand that. But since the checks are removed, I am expecting all the CIA I installed using Palantine/DevMenu should run. Since my emuNAND/sysNAND is linked, all those CIA files appear in sysNAND, but they still don't load after the black/white screen. :(

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
Just edited source and tried this, sadly doesn't give the desired result. :(
It reboots into home menu fine as it should but shortly after selecting another game on the home menu other that what's in the card slot freezes the system up. :(

did you fix this line?, i cant convert 0x2018 offset format to 0x08058804;
sorry.

0x08058804; is just the line I copied, must replace with 0x2018 offset
u32 *dest1 = 0x08058804; ///[R4,#0x18] ; //patch region lockout (offset 0x2018), not sure if this is the right offset
please do try :)

Reactions: Margen67
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I just want to note that I have NOT tested this with pasta nor on sysNand. So the first person up is the guinea pig. But with palantine and govanify's cfw it would install devmenu from a pc without CN, Oot, Gateway, or anything else. I repacked and modified the readme.

Might this work on a AUS N3DS XL with no CN?

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I just want to note that I have NOT tested this with pasta nor on sysNand. So the first person up is the guinea pig. But with palantine and govanify's cfw it would install devmenu from a pc without CN, Oot, Gateway, or anything else. I repacked and modified the readme.

I'd test but I'm still waiting for WebKit support.

Is this supposed to grab the .CIA from the net and install it? If so, can you explain how that happens?

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'd test but I'm still waiting for WebKit support.

Is this supposed to grab the .CIA from the net and install it? If so, can you explain how that happens?

no the cia is included. it's location is defined by the premade batch file. basically you run netwatcher with your 3ds in sleep mode. you should see the ip of every device connected. 3ds is marked as nintendo. you place that ip in the run batch and run it. it injects through your local network.

Reactions: Slushie3DS

Pawed

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
India
For anyone interested, when you launch Pasta CFW via pakrett 's encrypted launcher.dat (posted earlier by him in this thread), you have to reinstall any CIAs that you have installed in Palantine CFW. (At least this was the case for me, I'm using 4.2U)

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no the cia is included. it's location is defined by the premade batch file. basically you run netwatcher with your 3ds in sleep mode. you should see the ip of every device connected. 3ds is marked as nintendo. you place that ip in the run batch and run it. it injects through your local network.

Ah, very lovely.

Do you think I could use this trick to update my 2DS to 9.2?

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Ah, very lovely.

Do you think I could use this trick to update my 2DS to 9.2?

Bro, right now im waiting to see if anyone has the balls to try this thing. i dont know if it works with something in conjunction with palantine cfw or emuNand. using it on sysNand with pasta is new territory.

EDIT, imma try it now, standby

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bro, right now im waiting to see if anyone has the balls to try this thing. i dont know if it works with something in conjunction with palantine cfw or emuNand. using it on sysNand with pasta is new territory.

EDIT, imma try it now, standby
Now we wait. c^:

Maybe Apache Thunder? I know he has a hardmodded handheld.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain

Not gonna work. The Palantine CFW applies some patches to the network service if you press the L button during boot. Without those patches, the console will refuse to receive content from ctrclient. nop90 himself already said the Launcher.dat file he provided earlier doesn't have this feature.

Reactions: Margen67 and leerz

NaviLoz101

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not gonna work. The Palantine CFW applies some patches to the network service if you press the L button during boot. Without those patches, the console will refuse to receive content from ctrclient. nop90 himself already said the Launcher.dat file he provided earlier doesn't have this feature.

yup doesnt work ;^; http://puu.sh/hYm7Q/1de013144d.png

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

So until they patch network services you still have to have CN or GW to get any use out of pasta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof