Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Wait, how are you supposed to install unsigned cias without if you can't install bbm/devmenu first? (At least on 2ds/n3ds) :unsure:

Presumably you'd use FBI to install any unsigned CIAs you want from Ninjhax, then run the CFW (or simply install a FBI CIA and then use it to install other unsigned CIAs while in the CFW).

Edit: See below posts, I was incorrect.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
So if i understand it correct:
This will let you install CIA files to sysnand and you can play them in sysnand, no emunand needed
This will only let you play cia files that are compatible to your current sysnand version you install it on (4.5 sysnand, no pokemon oras, 9.2 sysnand, yes you can play pokemon oras)

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Wait, how are you supposed to install unsigned cias without if you can't install bbm/devmenu first? (At least on 2ds/n3ds) :unsure:

motezazer said something about BBM in the pastebin thread:

What do you HAVE to do :
1) Turn on 3ds
2) Launch CN
3) Launch Brahma
4) Load the payload
5) Launch the payload
6) Select your version with the D-PAD
7) Start the CFW with START
8) Launch CN (again)
9) Launch FBI
10) Install BigBlueMenu

Reactions: SLiV3R
M

MonkeyCrossing

Yep, a bit :)
I already said i'm alive, I'm just filled with school exams.
I should return to rxTools coding in these days, i have pretty good ideas to reorder the source codes.
About signature disabling, it's something i'll decide later.
Though at this rate piracy should be in the wild... More than before.
I wonder who is the leaker.

One thing about piracy though, everyone that wants to that is a potential loss in revenue (poor people who wouldn't be able to afford games to begin with) would just buy a flashcard that already enables these options. You have to understand there's people that legitly want to play, lets say, a modified ORAS game (incr difficulty, nuzlocke, etc, has been happening with every pokemon game) or an undub and want to save 90 bucks to invest in actual games.
I don't think piracy would run rampant because everyone that wants you to disable this can already buy a flashcard, the ones that can't, can't due to monetary reasons (which means they wouldn't be able to buy the actual games to begin with)
See what I'm getting at? I feel like you're only hurting people that support developers and games (by buying them) and just want to play a slightly modified version.

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
I was thinking to theme it to a more "console stile", with less graphics, but with customization options for the colors.
Heh, freetime is really a problem.
My 3ds should return tomorrow btw

Okey doke :) As for the console style stuff - when I first moded the rx source on GitHub, I just made the console bigger, effectively removing/covering the " pretty" stuff. Aaaww, if you do decide to remove the graphics, can you backup the current code to some place? If you ever decide to release the source, I really wanna make it look pretty with a pretty background and stuff :P

Reactions: Margen67
D

Deleted-19228

No, because a higher NATIVE_FIRM is required.
We don't spoof the firmware.

Out of region physical cards don't work at all. This is pretty much what I expected. This isn't patching anything other than loading/installing of CIA's.

capito27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland

ok, but just saying, why would you bother to load a CFW with Sky3DS if you can already load them 3DS roms with it (and to your future argument about Eshop content and VC content, i will answer that it represents a tiny amount in nintendo's income)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ok, but just saying, why would you bother to load a CFW with Sky3DS if you can already load them 3DS roms with it (and to your future argument about Eshop content and VC content, i will answer that it represents a tiny amount in nintendo's income)

True points. It gives only one real advantage that I can think of: you can store some extra games in CIA format on your 3DS' internal SD in addition to the regular 3DS files on Sky3DS itself, so a few more games would be able to be "backed up".

Reactions: RahFah

capito27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
True points. It gives only one real advantage that I can think of: you can store some extra games in CIA format on your 3DS' internal SD in addition to the regular 3DS files on Sky3DS itself, so a few more games would be able to be "backed up".

also don't forget about the convenience, having to press a blue button 27 times to find a game is a hassle :P

Reactions: daxtsu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: hiiii sisters