Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I modified rxTools' source by ripping it all, replacing it with Pasta's source/include/stubs, and then modified the makefile to point to them. I'm doubtful it would be as simple as interchanging the files included and where the makefile points, but it's worth a try. It'd be a hob-job, but rxTools is made to run via the WebKit entry-point, so it'd be pretty cool if it did boot through Roxas' payload HTML.

If this DOES somehow magically work, would it mean we could run pasta from emunand?

Reactions: Margen67

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not quite sure that works that way, but good luck.
If it works, sweet. If it doesn't work, oh well. I have nothing to lose. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If this DOES somehow magically work, would it mean we could run pasta from emunand?
No, I am basically just modifying rxTools' source to build a binary that looks like rxTools, but contains all of the files that Pasta does.

I'm going to install DevkitARM / the tool needed for building with the makefile on my Windows machine later tonight as my Linux machine is acting up, but I will update on the likely failure in the morning.

sgtkwol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it works, sweet. If it doesn't work, oh well. I have nothing to lose. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No, I am basically just modifying rxTools' source to build a binary that looks like rxTools, but contains all of the files that Pasta does.

I'm going to install DevkitARM / the tool needed for building with the makefile on my Windows machine later tonight as my Linux machine is acting up, but I will update on the likely failure in the morning.

Would you be able to take a look into what RX tools does to ARM9 while launching EmuNAND? I looked at firmware.bin, but that didn't lead anywhere.

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you be able to take a look into what RX tools does to ARM9 while launching EmuNAND? I looked at firmware.bin, but that didn't lead anywhere.

Again, none of what I am doing is going to modify Pasta in any way. I'm just using rxTools' makefile to build a binary that looks like rxTools to try to run through Roxas' payload. If anything was to work, it would just boot into Pasta's menu.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Makes sense, that's what I thought. Good luck in that case.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
So at this point I feel the need to ask... What does Gateway offer that Pasta can't? And what can Pasta do that Gateway can't?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
So uh, does formatting a 3DS update the firmware? I don't really like how it needs to connect to the internet to format.
I think you just need to have your internet switch on. You can even have your router turned off (or wrong ssid) and it'll still work.
Back up your Nintendo 3ds folder though because it will erase it.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
dsiware GBA VC. That's what got me on board plus pasta is super easy to set up
Ahh... But you need Cubic Ninja every time right? That might encourage me. I haven't decided if I should sell Cubic Ninja or not

So uh, does formatting a 3DS update the firmware? I don't really like how it needs to connect to the internet to format.

It does not update the firmware. But you can block Nintendo from sending you the update nag using OpenDNS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper