ROM Hack [Partial Patch] NEWLOVEPLUS+ English Translation

YharnamBadass

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Yeppers, we're still hard at work on it. We have a lot of pre confession stuff done. I'm sick at the moment, so I've been slow, but don't worry, I'm still working.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's worth your time. There are so many wonderful new events and features.

Nice! I can´t wait, you guys are doing a much appreciatted effort. :D

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me reiterate once again. You should never NEVER use Google Translate on a translation project, or any other translation software for that matter. There should be at most three EXPERIENCED translators who are fluent in Japanese when actually getting to translation.

Keimeow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me reiterate once again. You should never NEVER use Google Translate on a translation project, or any other translation software for that matter. There should be at most three EXPERIENCED translators who are fluent in Japanese when actually getting to translation.
That person is not even part of the group lol. We'd just set them up with moving the already translated bits or with testing. Don't worry bud, it's all under control. We have common sense, trust me.

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Qtranslator is used ONLY to verify the Japanese parts that correspond between them before actually pasting the matched and verified human translated parts.. We are not using that tool to translate anything new whatsoever, just to match the already translated parts.. We don't intent to translate ANYTHING ourselves or by using an on-line translator...

Last edited by Dgrin,

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I've been testing the save data memory events on my 3DS to verify and correct some stuff on the go and it seems all of Nene's pre-confession parts are done, Great job guys!

Last edited by Dgrin,
Reactions: Arubaro

blazevx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering if there will be a patch release so those that don't want to play it through hans can patch the game and play that instead.

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
sure, when more of this is finished we will create different patching options.. Also there's been a lot of attempts for past Loveplus games to be translated in Italian, French, Chinese, etc so anyone that is thinking of starting a project of their own for a different language translation patch shouldn't hesitate to contact us for material, help or guidance.

...also here are some more screen captures from the project:
scr_981_BOTTOM.png
scr_959_BOTTOM.png
scr_966_BOTTOM.png

Last edited by Dgrin,

internetakias

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Great job on this, guys! By the way, have you thought about making a LayeredFS patch for NTR CFW? It only requires supplying the files you've modified, rather than the whole romfs and it works with legit copies of the game.

https://github.com/44670/layeredFS/wiki/manual

Looks nice, but in my opinion Manaka's line would sound better if it were reworded a bit. For example: "I'm Takane Manaka, a second year and a member of the girl's tennis club."

Last edited by internetakias,

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks to the help of impeio92 and Keimeow we have now finished the ENLP>NLP+ immigration for about 107 of the the roughly estimated 161 out of the 578 total of the NLP+ scripts the translation immigration process will cover. The rest will remain in their original Japanese form unless some volunteers show up who want to take part in the translation of these NEW scripts and we also need to gain access to the missing files.

Last edited by Dgrin,

Keimeow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I haven't been much help lately. I've had some pretty shit medical problems and I barely have enough strength to get out of bed right now. I'm on medication though, so soon I'll be less exhausted and I'll be able to help out again.

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Keimeow don't worry about it, focus on your health and get well soon!^__^

internetakias that's a brilliant mod idea, it's a bit frustrating how they got rid of all the LP tracks from the title screen and left just one track on a loop, perhaps with a later mod we could also add both the NLP and NLP+ title themes in that track queue as well?.. You should post future mods in this thread with a description so I can add them to the list with a link and the contributor's name, thank you.

Last edited by Dgrin,

internetakias

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Keimeow don't worry about it, focus on your health and get well soon!^__^

internetakias that's a brilliant mod idea, it's a bit frustrating how they got rid of all the LP tracks from the title screen and left just one track on a loop, perhaps with a later mod we could also add both the NLP and NLP+ title themes in that track queue as well?.. You should post future mods in this thread with a description so I can add them to the list with a link and the contributor's name, thank you.
It only adds the upbeat pop theme, not the more sober one, since it's literally just a replacer.
EDIT: I mean it only adds the main theme and none of the character specific ones.

Last edited by internetakias,

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I've been looking through the tons of unpacked files and finally just discovered where the menu picture files, in-game icons, etc are located, here's a sample:
lhlk.png
Trans_text2.png

Last edited by Dgrin,

Makein

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking through the tons of unpacked files and finally just discovered where the menu picture files, in-game icons, etc are located, here's a sample:
lhlk.png
View attachment 41125
Anyone who wishes to work on these should contact me a at SKYPE: 'loveplusproject' for further instructions on how to unpack, edit and repack them. Translation for most of the buttons is already available and can be found in the NLP Wiki under Game | Menu, Tips & Gameplay so people who will edit these picture files have to just match and replace the Japanese text on the picture files.

the scripts for the mail, maps, loveplus mode replies etc are yet to be found though.. but there are a lot of unknown file types in the folders or perhaps even some of the arc files themselves are hiding encrypted text files same way with LP's 'textres' that we need to figure out how to make them view-able/editable(?)..well, to be continued..
Good work. What format they used?
And where they been?)

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The graphics were all located within 'arc' files in the huge compressed file, they're 'bclim' files, here are the instructions how to edit them. Also found the 'MAIL', they're in 'mdc' format, here's what they look like if you open them with Notepad++ hopefully they'll work if we just translate the Japanese parts there or we'll need a tool for these as well. Also from what I can tell the 'TextResource' files seem to have the profile, Map (or Date?) locations, Ranks, To-Do list, Study Date questions & answers, etc.. This file will have to be handled by someone very skilful... We're still looking for the 'Loveplus Mode' replies text file, it's in there somewhere but I haven't locate it yet.. 'Loveplus Mode' replies text file are in 'LBM' format.

Here's a full list of the file extensions inside the img.bin file:
.jpg
.txt
.texi
.xml
.bgp
.shbin
.arc
.fsp
.bone
.smat
.smes
.btbl
.mdc
.mlp
.l2mgtex
.l2rg
.twbdat
.twbpat
.mot
.manm
.meta
.mdl
.yaml
.olua
.cdb
.mcb
.lmb
.mlb
.mobin
.vlbin
.ssb
.evsvbin
.rvbin
.spgdat
.dmst
.sealdat
.amap
.tmb
FileWithNoExtension
.rnskspbin
.srb
.sab

Attachments

• k.jklj.PNG
    k.jklj.PNG
    26.5 KB · Views: 309
Last edited by Dgrin,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y