Paper Mario TTYD 60fps patch?

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Can confirm the 60 FFPS patch works perfectly on Mariko hardware, but the GPU needs to be overclocked to max available (only while charger is connected).

Only in handheld mode, resolution in docked mode can't sustain stable 60fps.

Reactions: KiiWii

SecureBoot

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TTYDR Bug Tracker

[General]
ALL AMD GPUS will render the sewers as black. No fix yet.
Yuzu and Ryu and GPUs experience the coins, crystal stars, save blocks, and other seemingly random objects (The chains in Bower's hall you walk down after Ch. 1) to be completely black. Suyu (v0.0.3) doesn't seem to have this issue.
Prolouge - The boat flipping animation is bugged. Screen flashes black but goes back to normal once the boat is flipped.
Chapter 1 - The bridge being built animation is bugged. Whole building process is a black screen, but goes back to normal after it's built.

[60 FPS Patch Specific]
This is for stronk computers and emulators only. Switch Hardware not stronk enough for 60fps stable.
Rougeport Plaza - Framerate milage will vary. For me, stable 50fps stading by the noose.
Chapter 2 - Puni AI seems to break and randomly get lost/stop following at times. Best to disable 60fps as soon as you have Punis following you.
Potential slowdown with in hallway to TEC during Peach sections. For me, 35-40fps. Peach's room and TECs room are fine.
Flying Koopas animations seem... off.

[Other - Could be emulators, GPUs, or 60FPS Patch}
Peach seems to teleport around during the dancing minigame, but is still completely playable.

Talking about emulating it.
This is untrue of the 7900 XTX. I have not noticed any graphical anomalies in the areas mentioned using Yuzu

Reactions: Laolzz

1985VV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Does anyone have a mod to remove the aggresive sharpening? The game looks like absolute shit with it, same as TOK did, Nintendo really butchered this one

Reactions: RibShark

1985VV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Handheld mode? The game is not running at native res.
I'm running it at 2x Docked res (1440p/2160p) using Ryujinx 1.1.1318 and it doesn't matter whether I use FXAA/SMAA as Anti-Aliasing or use Bilineal/Nearest or FSR with the slider at 0, the textures look exactly like they did in The Origami King, oversharpened. The UI looks beautiful, so I just know they did the same thing once again, where it just applies to the main scene and not menus, etc...

Someone made a fix for that oversharpen look for TOK, so hopefully it's just a matter of time it comes out

Laolzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is untrue of the 7900 XTX. I have not noticed any graphical anomalies in the areas mentioned using Yuzu
I have the 7900 XT, would you mind sharing your graphic settings for yuzu/ryujinx, hopefully that way I wont have the blackscreen anymore.

Armandx

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
TTYDR Bug Tracker

[General]
Yuzu and Ryu and GPUs experience the coins, crystal stars, save blocks, and other seemingly random objects (The chains in Bower's hall you walk down after Ch. 1) to be completely black. Suyu (v0.0.3) doesn't seem to have this issue.
Prolouge - The boat flipping animation is bugged. Screen flashes black but goes back to normal once the boat is flipped.
Chapter 1 - The bridge being built animation is bugged. Whole building process is a black screen, but goes back to normal after it's built.

[60 FPS Patch Specific]
This is for stronk computers and emulators only. Switch Hardware not stronk enough for 60fps stable.
Rougeport Plaza - Framerate milage will vary. For me, stable 50fps stading by the noose.
Chapter 2 - Puni AI seems to break and randomly get lost/stop following at times. Best to disable 60fps as soon as you have Punis following you.
Potential slowdown with in hallway to TEC during Peach sections. For me, 35-40fps. Peach's room and TECs room are fine.

Peach seems to teleport around during the dancing minigame, but is still completely playable.

Hi! mind pointing me out where this is getting worked on? I would like to follow the progress.

StevensND

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Hi! mind pointing me out where this is getting worked on? I would like to follow the progress.

A guy just sent me that in my Discord DMs.
Post automatically merged:

How do you use it on the switch? Like a layeredFS mod?

Get the .ips version, extract the zip file and just paste it into the root of your SD Card

xam323

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TTYDR Bug Tracker

[General]

[60 FPS Patch Specific]

The sound seems to be delayed for me on ryujinx as well.

r00b14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A guy just sent me that in my Discord DMs.
Post automatically merged:

Get the .ips version, extract the zip file and just paste it into the root of your SD Card
is there certain OC settings i should have for both docked and handheld for this to work as well as it can?

Otakyon

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've put the files on the root of SD card, but I got a terrible slowdown on the game (no problem at all on the main menu)

Used Sys-clk Overlay to put CPU 1785 , GPU 921 and memory at 1600.
v1 Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty just like kens mum