Hacking PAL wii semi bricked help

kelka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
so later tonight i wanted to change my region of my wii with "anyregionchanger" but for some reason i had an error and now my wii is semi bricked, everything still works besides i can't go to wii settings menu my firmware is 4.0E and really want to fix it in case if it gets worse and i don't know if i still can use wad manager btw. i have a softmodded wii. if anyone would help i would appreciate it.

Swizler

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kelka said:
so later tonight i wanted to change my region of my wii with "anyregionchanger" but for some reason i had an error and now my wii is semi bricked, everything still works besides i can't go to wii settings menu my firmware is 4.0E and really want to fix it in case if it gets worse and i don't know if i still can use wad manager btw. i have a softmodded wii. if anyone would help i would appreciate it.
do u have bootmii also what is semi brick,low level brick etc?

TaxiTitan

Trophies
XP
Country
kelka said:

Im not 100% sure, but I think its best to do a full 4.0 reinstall.
Start from step 3 online guide if the Wifi still works for you http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

I wanna use anyregionchanger to force NTSC video,to play some NTSC nes wads.
Is that dangerous?
Is it possible to switch back?
I wanna play Akumajou densetsu in 480p

Swizler

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TaxiTitan said:
kelka said:

Im not 100% sure, but I think its best to do a full 4.0 reinstall.
Start from step 3 online guide if the Wifi still works for you http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

I wanna use anyregionchanger to force NTSC video,to play some NTSC nes wads.
Is that dangerous?
Is it possible to switch back?
I wanna play Akumajou densetsu in 480p
everything is dangerous if u don't know what yur doing.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
try running cios downgrader to downgrade to like 3.2 of your region, then if that worked, start over using my guide

kelka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
thx for the hep so far guys. i wont do the region changer if i were you i did id it without thinking about it(stupid mistake)and i gonna downgrade my wii tomorrow then going to look for more infoand hope someone else posts on this thread who had the same experience. hope i can work it out without fully bricking it

kelka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
no, i had my wii for 2 years or something now. i hacked it recently (like a month ago)

appreciate any more help

kelka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
so actually what i should do is downgrade my firmware of the wii to lower (like 3.2E) and remove all the channels like homebrew browser and usb loader and update my wii to 4.0 and then just hack my wii all over again like i did in the first place? correct?

EtherealX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to remove your channels. They'll still be there even after a Ninty update. Since you can load HBC, I'd install BootMii to boot2 if you haven't already. Do a NAND backup THEN start your downgrading. You'll at least have a means of recovery if you happen to screw something up.

I also agree with the above. You don't need to swap regions unless you plan on doing some specific region-only online play with certain games. With the tools available, you can load games out of region with no issues. And, fyi.. you'll be updating to 4.1 (not 4.0.) Good luck - ciao

kelka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You don't need to remove your channels. They'll still be there even after a Ninty update. Since you can load HBC, I'd install BootMii to boot2 if you haven't already. Do a NAND backup THEN start your downgrading. You'll at least have a means of recovery if you happen to screw something up.

can you explain it more about bootmii and the NAND backup? not much knowledge about that, and if i upgrade to 4.1 then am i still be able to hack my wii like i did before(i needed 4.0 to hack it on the guide i used) thank you in advance

BTW: i still can play games , actually want to play a game to calm me down because i was a bit stressed when my wii got semi bricked. if i play a game now is there a chance if my wii gets completly bricked or damaged more or should i just leave the wii powered off until i gonna try to fix it tomorrow

kelka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
after some searching if found this:

As promised, here are discs to install the latest version of the system menu for each region — v288/v289/v290 for JAP/USA/PAL, respectively. These are the updated “repad” versions.

dCiSo has generously offered to host these on console-scene.info:

* http://www.console-scene.info/files/wii-sy...-v288-repad.rar
* http://www.console-scene.info/files/wii-sy...-v289-repad.rar
* http://www.console-scene.info/files/wii-sy...-v290-repad.rar

would it work? and if i do this update do i have to do anything else?
also i saw at some other sites that you first have to update your wii? is there any game that already has 4.1 update on it
do i have to update or can i just downgrade it?

EtherealX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as your Wii is a couple of years old, you should be able to install BootMii as boot2. (www.bootmii.org). I'll try to explain it simple. BootMii-boot2 lets you ultimately install an app in a very safe place on your Wii where even if you brick yourself to the fullest, you can still load BootMii to apply a backup or load HBC to reinstall something broken. In short, you want to get it.. no further inquiries.

The NAND is basically the core area of your Wii (what gets fucked up when you brick.) BootMii lets you make a copy of it and exports to your SD card. Thus, when you brick.. you load BootMii (which loads first when you push power) and load your backup of the NAND to get back in business.. no muss, no fuss.

Whatever you're trying to do.. you do NOT want to swap regions to play NTSC wads on your PAL Wii. Not sure what your softmod setup is, but you can play region-free channels (wads) with either StartPatch or Preloader. StartPatch is a HBC app that hacks the system menu to give a bunch of nice features.. playing out-of-region channels is one of them. Preloader is a whole different utility with the same hacks in it. You can find a rather informative thread in the stickies about Preloader.

If you were to install the files you linked over your existing system, you would be bricked. Not a semi-brick, or a ok, lets fix this brick.. but a full brick.

Black_Knight_666

Trophies
XP
Country
Just download a system menu wad and install via wad manager and should work fine! Always works for me
yaynds.gif

kelka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
u just installed bootmii and made a backup, guess i gonna downgrade now do you guys think it's safe to do so?

EtherealX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess you didn't read my posts all the way. Instead of downgrading to change regions for a few out-of-region channels, use the HBC StartPatch app to hack the IOS60 to play them hassle-free. You're doing way too many extra/needless steps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-