Hacking RELEASE Painless Linux - it's Linux, but painless (Windows, Mac OS, Linux & Android)

ShonenJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You should see two devices, one labelled "FAT" and the other which you need to format to read. Don't do it.

pacman works !

Yeah it's kinda broken on Mac right now, use an Android device if you can
this one right?

Attachments

• WP_20180507_17_45_54_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180507_17_45_54_Pro.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 343

Mach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Worked ! Very easy to install, however, some applications within this Distro are crashing the force the switch to shut down, it simplys power off the switch, dunno why, i cant find the wifi tho, anyway, thanks !

darkten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
natinusala said:
It's been reported that on Mac OS everything worked but usb_imx. I removed usb_imx so I thought it would work. Anyway, we may have a fusée gelée payload to boot Linux soon-ish, so Mac users will just have to use that instead.

Naah, actually we can build and run lmx_usb from home-brew if we need it, the specific issue seems to be with the file descriptor being passed around not working with the second stage of the injection (after changing /dev/self/fd to /dev/fd)
If a Fus-Gel payload is available instead, for Mac OS that would be better/cleaner anyway :)

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Worked ! Very easy to install, however, some applications within this Distro are crashing the force the switch to shut down, it simplys power off the switch, dunno why, i cant find the wifi tho, anyway, thanks !

Which apps are crashing the console ?

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a question, I saw your warning on the github about Linux potentially causing issues with battery de-sync and display damage. I've known about the battery issue, but what risk is there of damaging the display? Is it just burn-in from leaving it on the desktop without a screen lock or screensaver?

PonyStation4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a question, I saw your warning on the github about Linux potentially causing issues with battery de-sync and display damage. I've known about the battery issue, but what risk is there of damaging the display? Is it just burn-in from leaving it on the desktop without a screen lock or screensaver?

iirc it was because the screen voltage is controlled by software and Linux seems to be fluctuating it. One of the devs screen got damaged from it

Reactions: natinusala

Mach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Which apps are crashing the console ?

Just discovered that is a small chance every app can crash, ssh, exTerminal, many utilities apps, chromium, they are forcing switch to shut down, it happens almost every time, however does not happen if the switch is plugged on the pc

natinusala

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just discovered that is a small chance every app can crash, ssh, exTerminal, many utilities apps, chromium, they are forcing switch to shut down, it happens almost every time, however does not happen if the switch is plugged on the pc

I've always had my Switch plugged in but I've not encountered stability issues this bad

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How long does it take for the first boot to finish? I opened the boot file one, then again a few seconds later and they both work fine. But then the system stays on a black screen Is this normal?

natinusala

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you use the linux with the usb plugged in ? because i remove the cable once the linux is booted

I always keep it plugged in - I'm currently working on porting another distribution and I reboot quite often

How long does it take for the first boot to finish? I opened the boot file one, then again a few seconds later and they both work fine. But then the system stays on a black screen Is this normal?

The first boot expands the filesystem and then reboots, it's normal (remember, reboot doesn't work)

Mach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I always keep it plugged in - I'm currently working on porting another distribution and I reboot quite often

You never tested displugged then ? , try to test and check if this issue is not only mine too, if you can of course

The first boot expands the filesystem and then reboots, it's normal (remember, reboot doesn't work)

Reactions: natinusala

Bluegamebits

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Timeout waiting for hardware interrupt.. and kernel panic back into RCM :c Using a 64gb Kingston card. It seems this card is not supported for loading Linux on the switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi