Hacking RELEASE Painless Linux - it's Linux, but painless (Windows, Mac OS, Linux & Android)

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this is a side effect of linux, or just some random error. But the News on the lock screen is now "Welcome to News" and "Where to get new games" (e.g. the first 2)
They also appear at the start of the News page, along with every other normal story.

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not sure if this is a side effect of linux, or just some random error. But the News on the lock screen is now "Welcome to News" and "Where to get new games" (e.g. the first 2)
They also appear at the start of the News page, along with every other normal story.

Because Linux also messes the system clock

darkten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey bro i am using etcher on mac and having issues that image is not using the full space of my sdcard do you have any idea how to extend rootfs ?

It's a couple/three commands. Virtually every rPi has a script that does this. If you don't find one, I will pull one off a pi image but the process is:

1. fdisk to list partitions
2. find root fs partition, copy/write down start position/block
3. Delete that partition in fdisk
4. re-add partition at start block
5. fdisk will suggest as default end block the rest of the drive/space...do that
6. write new partition info and reboot
7. run resizefs (resize2fs?) on the root fs partition; when done the filesystem will be expanded.

That's how it's done, roughly, from memory/manually doing this a couple of times :)

D

Deleted User

Attachments

• kkk.png
    kkk.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 269
D

Deleted User

It's a couple/three commands. Virtually every rPi has a script that does this. If you don't find one, I will pull one off a pi image but the process is:

1. fdisk to list partitions
2. find root fs partition, copy/write down start position/block
3. Delete that partition in fdisk
4. re-add partition at start block
5. fdisk will suggest as default end block the rest of the drive/space...do that
6. write new partition info and reboot
7. run resizefs (resize2fs?) on the root fs partition; when done the filesystem will be expanded.

That's how it's done, roughly, from memory/manually doing this a couple of times :)

did you do this inside linux or mac system ? thanks for the quick help

Mach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.