Hacking RELEASE Painless Linux - it's Linux, but painless (Windows, Mac OS, Linux & Android)

Mach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The profile is reset to normal at each reboot.

Awesome to know. I guess i know what is causing the black crash issue.

Here's my conclusion:

STEP 1: BOOTED PAINLESS LINUX NORMALLY.
STEP 2: SET THE GPU PROFILE TO LOW UNDER THE XTERMINAL. AND THEN UNPLUGGED THE USB CABLE FROM SWITCH
STEP3: TESTED EVERY APP WITHIN PAINLESS, EVERYTHING GOING NORMAL

STEP 4: DID A RESTART TROUGHT LINUX,

STEP 5 : PLUGGED THE USB, AND WITH SWITCH BACK TO RCM MODE, DID ANOTHER TETHERED BOOT.

STEP 6 : BOOTED NORMALY, BUT AFTER I PLUCKED OFF THE USB CABLE, SWITCH BLACK CRASHED.

Just to come that wifi with normal gpu, insta crashes the software. and powers the switch off again.

Mach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So i have now managed to make the 32gb card boot into the linux gui but i cant move the cursor or anything. But if i press the volume button it does show the volume pop-up. Any suggestions on why i cant move the cursor.

it does not have a cursor, is like navigating an android phone

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think that the "normal" profile is too power heavy for your Switch. It's weird because I've been able to play Spyro at constant 50FPS without any power failure using the normal profile, so...

Mach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think that the "normal" profile is too power heavy for your Switch. It's weird because I've been able to play Spyro at constant 50FPS without any power failure using the normal profile, so...

How's my switch different from yours ? o.O i bought it on august 2017, do you play with the usb plugged on the computer or not ?

D

Deleted User

last question , everything is now fine with the space i just installed mame but it cant find the Hardware GPU Drivers do i need to reinstall mesa ?

DarkOrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is anybody actively working on sound & joycon support? It seems like nobody is interested in working on it.

D

Deleted User

error: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set in the environment.

[alarm@alarm RetroArch]$ export DISPLAY=:0

[alarm@alarm RetroArch]$

[alarm@alarm RetroArch]$ sudo ./retroarch

error: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set in the environment.

No protocol specified

No protocol specified

[alarm@alarm RetroArch]$ ./retroarch

Failed to open /home/alarm/.config/retroarch/assets/xmb/monochrome/font.ttf: No such file or directory

Failed to open /home/alarm/.config/retroarch/assets/xmb/monochrome/font.ttf: No such file or directory

after doing that

RetroArch started but the Switch was spinning so fast the fan that i had to turn it off any clue what that could be ?

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is anybody actively working on sound & joycon support? It seems like nobody is interested in working on it.

Joy-Con support is being worked on by Shiny Quagsire. It takes time because everything needs to be re-implemented using the GPIO pins. Sound, I don't know.

Reactions: DarkOrb
D

Deleted User

Joy-Con support is being worked on by Shiny Quagsire. It takes time because everything needs to be re-implemented using the GPIO pins. Sound, I don't know.

can you tell me what kind of issue that is ? i didnt touch the switch it was inside linux the screen went off and the fans went totally crazy and fast

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.