Over 150 upcoming PS Vita games!

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Games & Content' started by loganino, Jul 20, 2014.

1. loganino
    OP

loganino Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2011
    United States
    Tim's Sideburns
    All of them with pictures or gifs here. Click me

2. BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    When I saw your profile pic I thought "did I just post this?"

Anyways on topic, a lot of game don't look interesting at all. Sony should really step up their first party support more on the Vita. It doesn't matter how powerful the Vita is, it's library of games dont interest me enough as the 3ds library does. Except for one psvita game which shall not be mentioned.

MountApple likes this.
  3. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Dec 26, 2008
    Steam City
    Are all of those being released in English?
    Given how several of the games in there are based in anime.
    For the most part though, that list doesn't really insterest, at most there's like 15 games I want from there, which are either RPG's, anime games or Visual Novels, the rest are for the most part indie games that don't interest me at all.

4. razielleonhart

razielleonhart RazzyDee

May 21, 2008
    maybe like 8 games on that i would like but knowing sony lets cut that list in half and say i will be able to 3

5. FireEmblemGuy

FireEmblemGuy Celebrating a decade of shitposting

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    It's hard to judge a game based on a single image, but a handful of them scream low-effort more than low-budget. Others look interesting enough but will likely never get any release outside of Japan, because Sony's officially declared the Vita as an indie/remote play machine from a first-party perspective, which means publishers will lose what little interest they had.

Still, with Rogue Legacy, Disgaea 4, and Danganronpa 2 out in the next couple months (only a week or so until Rogue Legacy), and Tales of Hearts R and Binding of Isaac: Rebirth scheduled for later this year, the Vita's hardly a dead system.

6. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    The title of the topic implies that a big number is automatically good regardless of the quality of the actual games.

It's like saying Call of Duty is a brilliant franchise according to the sales' figures.

7. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Call of Duty is a successful franchise and one of the top online shooters today. You may not like it, but that doesn't mean it's bad.

Good to see some news on the PSV front. :)

chavosaur likes this.
  8. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    I want almost all of them!

9. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    It's mostly indie game garbage, minus like Risk of Rain (but that's still in Early Access), Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (which was announced a while ago and we've had barely any info since because McMillen is a fat lazy piece of shit), and Hotline Miami 2. Most of the big releases are weeaboo crap anyway that won't get localized most likely.

Starbound is basically dead too, the PC version has barely gotten updates so the Vita version is far off, if they even bother to finish the game/port it.

Warriors Orochi 3 and Samurai Warriors 4 though are nice, they suck but I'm a bigger sucker for Warriors games.

Silentsurvivor and insidexdeath like this.
  10. GameWinner

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    This list reminds me that we still know nothing about Persona 4 Dancing All Night which makes me sad.

11. Gaming4Ever

Gaming4Ever Banned

Banned
    May 28, 2014
    United States
    Man that was painful just to scroll thru all that Crapware......maybe 5 or so actual GAMES on that list worthy of a purchase

Ho Hum

Silentsurvivor and jalaneme like this.
  12. JoshuaBojangles

JoshuaBojangles Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2011
    United States
    Do you even research? There are unstable updates on an almost nightly basis if you opt to participate in them and there's a new dev post on the website at least every 2-3 days. The team is hard at work revamping things like combat, monster behaviors and character progression to make the game better than ever. Its certainly nowhere near dead.

TyBlood13 likes this.
  13. TyBlood13

TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

Jul 1, 2012
    United States
    Kentucky
    *Please delete*

14. Psionic Roshambo

Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2011
    United States
    99 problems and good Vita games aint one? Heheheheh I am joking!!!

A couple of those do look at least interesting, Phantasy Star kinda grabbed my attention.

15. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    so i'm supposed to get excited over some indie games and jrpgs? sorry i'm not enthusiastic enough. tetris i'm interested in though.

16. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

GBAtemp Patron
    VashTS is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    List isnt that impressive. They need a new franchise that sells the Vita, like Pokemon but Sony-branded. Sonymon.

17. GameWinner

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    I heard Invizmals is kinda popular in Europe.

18. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Totally importing that Girls Und Panzer game...

A LOT of crappy flash games on that list, but also a ton of really good looking games. I'm sure half of which will never be released in English.

That's like going to the 3DS board and saying "So i'm supposed to get excited over Nintendo games?"

If you own a Vita and don't like indie/jap games, you've made a horrible mistake. If not, you're on the wrong board bro. Nintendoland is that'a way *points in arbitrary direction*

emigre likes this.
  19. goober

goober GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2006
    United States
    Most of it is underwhelming indie ports or other platform ports. Which would be more exciting if this were the 90s. And the rest is very unlikely to get a western localization in the first place.

Nothing like having a good piece of hardware go to total waste because the idiots behind it don't care. I absolutely refuse to buy any more indie ports until Sony properly focuses on the Vita like it should.

20. emmanu888

emmanu888 6 years and still going strong

Jan 25, 2009
    Canada
    Victoriaville,Québec
    Table Top Racing looks interesting, looks like a Re-Volt like from that picture.