Gaming Ouendan 1, 2, or Elite Beat Agents?

Which?

• Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elite Beat Agents

• Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2

• Total voters

Gian

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I personally go for Ouendan 2.
Played all of em, and Ouendan 2 seems to be the more refined.
I also think the songs in it are better than the other two.
And the characters are funnier.

Which do you think is the best?
And should Ouendan get another game, or should there be an Elite Beat Agents 2?

I'd like another Ouendan, thanks.
grog.gif

NYCvinster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm with you on that one. I played the US one first and it was a huge letdown, the song selections were bizarre (and why include Ashlee Simpson? well, obviously to appeal to a younger audience...but still, OUCH! My ears!).
Ouendan 2 is my fav by far. When I play Ouendan 1, even though I'm hearing the Japanese songs, I still can't help but let the US version songs creep into my mind that that just ruins it for me.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I must say Ouendan 1.
EBA had sucky songs, and to be honest, so did Ouendan 2.
Kaela Kimuras song, and the 2 ending songs, and the "wet dream"-song.. those were good, the rest was really bad.
But Ouendan 1 on the other hand, the songs were excellent, every single one! Too bad you couldn't skip the intros (last level on hard... it's a pain to watch that 2 minute intro everytime you die
tongue.gif
)

apart from that: OUENDAN1 !!!!

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2

Just because it's easier to say than the other 2.

Also, it was just more fun than EBA + OTO put together. I'm not a Japanophile, so don't really care about the songs...

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
arctic_flame said:
Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2

Just because it's easier to say than the other 2.

Also, it was just more fun than EBA + OTO put together. I'm not a Japanophile, so don't really care about the songs...

I don't really know if I am a Japanophile.... But I do care about the songs since it's a music game. and that's the only reason I love ouendan over the other two. the songs! the "no you can't skip the intro"-parts are really bad and all, but It's alright since the music is great!
biggrin.gif
but I don't know.. maybe I am a Japanophile?

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Although I have yet to finish Ouendan 2, and I think the original was better. To be honest, I hated the songs in ouendan, except the ending song (Ready steady go), but its difficulty was very high. I used to think EBA was hard, until I played this. Hell, I couldn't get passed the third level to unlock the last difficulty. It took a long time to do so. My opinion might change after I beat Ouendan 2 though.

Also, EBA is fairly disappointing if I it to compare it to Ouendan.....

Gian

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Huh, I actually expected Elite Beat Agents to win, since everyone around me here likes it better.
They say it's more fun if you're "already familiar with some of the songs".
Yeah, sure.

Favorite songs, guys?
Samurai Blue for me. C:
The one with the Text on the Christmas Tree.

DeepFriedAsian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ouendan 2>Elite Beat Agents>Ouendan 1

Ouendan 2 took improvements from EBA and added more things, and I didn't like the majority of the (cover version) songs in Ouendan 1.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair to EBA, though, they managed to make Ouendan more crazy. That takes some doing.

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I think best of all series was quendan 1 and best song was the fullmetall alchemist one (never playing any game I've had so much emotions and adrenaline when I tried to beat that song).

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Didnt like the songs in Ouendan and that you couldnt skip intro's. Therefore I like Elite Beat Agents the best. It is in english
tongue.gif
(duh) has more fun characters and the songs where okay. Still have to play Ouendan 2... I guess thats even beter (what i read here)

edit: Getting Ouendan 2 now
biggrin.gif

gambit420

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
i must admit that ouendan is my most loved nds game. this game really made me a music game fan!
i played all three and think that they are all very good, but i need more! this series made me go out and buy guitar hero 3 for wii and quess what? i don't regret it for one second! Now Nintendo step up and create a wiiware game that works like an emulated akai mpc. possibilitys are endless you could eaven allow self created samples to load via sd card and exchange them via wifi! Man, if something like that would come out you would be praised Ninty!!!

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't like the "2 Ouen-squads"-thing of Ouendan 2. I prefer the single squad from Ouendan 1.

And the only music I did really like from Ouendan 2 was VISTA. So my vote goes to Ouendan 1.

Better songs overall (who cares if they're covers, they're just GREAT) and the stories were more funny than Ouendan 2.

Ouendan 1 misses one feature to be perfect: the skip-scene at the start of a song
tongue.gif

I'll play Ouendan 2 again some day, and I'll try to finish it (I still haven't finished it, instead I'm finishing Insane on Ouendan 1), maybe I'll change opinion, by that day
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY