Tutorial  Updated

OTP Guide

Full Guide Release!

https://plailect.github.io/OTP/

All regions now supported!

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

If you felt like the guide helped you out then I'd really appreciate it! If I get enough I may buy a 2DS for testing hardware stuff so I don't break another N3DS.

If the guide didn't help you out then I'm really sorry about that :(

Last edited by Plailect,

Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AHA! Disabling UAC would mean rebooting my Mac IIRC, but doing it through administrator command prompt in a Windows VM worked! Thanks buddy! :)

It's working now, but thank you for the reply. To answer your question though, it just provided the syntax information for the command.

I'm not at my PC so I wanted to check the syntax and make sure I had everything in the right order. Glad you got it working!

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, since I've got a hard mod the worst I have to fear is wasted time and minor inconvenience :P

Ah, I forgot you have one (if you said earlier). Go nuts then, do it blindfolded just for the giggles.

I've spent most of my day off today doing it, so I'm glad it worked. Wasted time... sucks.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not at my PC so I wanted to check the syntax and make sure I had everything in the right order. Glad you got it working!
Thanks mate! OS X El Capitan has some added security which can cause problems with certain activities. It's a nuisance at times, but better than viruses and spyware!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ah, I forgot you have one (if you said earlier). Go nuts then, do it blindfolded just for the giggles.
I'm doing it one-handed :tpi:

Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Plailect So I'm attempting this again and now the 3DSFAT16tool step works but this
  • 3DSFAT16tool.exe -d -n emuNAND.bin ctr.bin nand.fat16_0x5_xorpad
  • 3DSFAT16tool.exe -i -o emuNAND.bin ctr.bin nand.fat16_0x4_xorpad
  • move emuNAND.bin sysNAND.bin
  • del ctr.bin
is incorrect it should say this

• 3DSFAT16tool.exe -d -n emuNAND.bin ctr.bin nand.fat16_0x5_.xorpad
  • 3DSFAT16tool.exe -i -o emuNAND.bin ctr.bin nand.fat16_0x4_.xorpad
  • move emuNAND.bin sysNAND.bin
  • del ctr.bin
im using the N3DS with Cubic Ninja tut.
It will be fixed when I'm home later today.

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dumped OTP without an hardmod on my N3DS. Downgraded to 2.1 (for safety, I also checked that the FIRM0 and FIRM1 partitions matched the FIRM from the 2.1 NATIVE_FIRM .cia, I double checked that I pasted the header correctly, and that the ctr.bin decrypted fine, and that its hash matched if I re-decrypted it from the final image using the 0x4 xorpad). Used browser to dump OTP, and then used the Decrypt9 payload to restore 9.2 NAND. No carts needed at all. Now I'm back to safety!

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
Dumped OTP without an hardmod on my N3DS. Downgraded to 2.1 (for safety, I also checked that the FIRM0 and FIRM1 partitions matched the FIRM from the 2.1 NATIVE_FIRM .cia, I double checked that I pasted the header correctly, and that the ctr.bin decrypted fine, and that its hash matched if I re-decrypted it from the final image using the 0x4 xorpad). Used browser to dump OTP, and then used the Decrypt9 payload to restore 9.2 NAND. No carts needed at all. Now I'm back to safety!

So has that gone public then, or are you testing it?

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Can you explain the decrypt9 payload to restore 9.2 nand in more detail? I want to attempt this on my n3ds but I've been reading there's no way to restore nand w/o a hard mod or wait for the browser restoration method to complete testing.

felipejfc

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

You surely did a lot to ensure you were flashing the right things, I think it would be great if you make a tutorial describing your method and your security measures as well :)

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ayyyyyy :hrth:

WibS6Lt.jpg

Also side note same deal for me I black screened but was fine once I rebooted with no MSD.

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
Replace the OTP arm11.bin and add arm9.bin, then use the same URL.

Thanks, thought so, but I wanted to check. Here goes!

you mean Decrypt9.bin?

Nope, current setup uses arm11.bin but its to dump OTP. Now we need to replace the old arm11.bin file, and decrypt9.bin file is a new file used for the first time.

felipejfc

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks, thought so, but I wanted to check. Here goes!

Nope, current setup uses arm11.bin but its to dump OTP. Now we need to replace the old arm11.bin file, and decrypt9.bin file is a new file used for the first time.

But he said arm9.bin, is that right? what arm9.bin?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now I have a 256 byte file called OTP.bin I can only assume this is what I wanted but how can I very if the file is valid?

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
I meant rename decrypt9.bin to arm9.bin, that step would help.

Thanks, restoring a backup now. File needs to be called NAND.bin just so everyone knows.

So now I have a 256 byte file called OTP.bin I can only assume this is what I wanted but how can I very if the file is valid?

Not sure if we can, I just dumped it three times to make sure it was exactly the same each time. It was. Btw, don't you mean a9f.bin?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag