OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using a 8GB Kingston DataTraveler USB Pen drive and I've used WBFS Manager to format it and load Other M NTSC on it. When I try and load the drive, uLoader simply crashes and Loader GX only displays the white background for a while and tells me my drive is not formatted. I can play Monster Hunter Tri fine though from that same drive. Any idea?

4.0U with Hermes' CIOS

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well Uloader works fine with it when loading from the disk... lol but they should at least see the drive?

Have other games loaded successfully from that thumb drive?

Others will have more information then I do lol

Rovelius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Well Uloader works fine with it when loading from the disk...

I'm using a 8GB Kingston DataTraveler USB Pen drive... and I've got no dual-layer burner.

lol but they should at least see the drive?

Yep...

Have other games loaded successfully from that thumb drive?

I can play Monster Hunter Tri fine though from that same drive.

Others will have more information then I do lol

I hope so. Thanks for the help though

steplay29

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi guys,

would be grateful if someome could post up the usbloader gx settings for metroid other m.i have tried everything and can not get it to work of usb.am using usb loader gx rev938,cios rev 20 and latest hermes 5.1.i have ios 222 as default and have messed about with the settings ios,force pal and ntsc etc but keep getting a black screen.have tried both versions nuked and scene release.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
What size does windows say the iso is when you right click and click on properties
(8,506,048,512 bytes) 7.92gb
Works fine with WBFS Useing Rev938 cios249 rev20 base 56 as loader default ios
Settings
Video mode System default
VIDTV Patch OFF
Game Language Console Default
Ocarina OFF
IOS 249
Error 002 fix Anti
Patch Country strings OFF
Alternate DOL Default
Block ios reload OFF

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
steplay29 said:
hi guys,

would be grateful if someome could post up the usbloader gx settings for metroid other m.i have tried everything and can not get it to work of usb.am using usb loader gx rev938,cios rev 20 and latest hermes 5.1.i have ios 222 as default and have messed about with the settings ios,force pal and ntsc etc but keep getting a black screen.have tried both versions nuked and scene release.

Other M works great as long as you use USB Loader GX to specs - Try using Hermes cIOS 222 v4. It turns out v5 isn't supported. I use Rev 899 as I've had no reason to update and it works great. Also they don't support cIOS rev 20 either, only up to rev 17. Check out the main GX thread and double check me.

steplay29

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
got it working now lol and it was nothing to do with usb loader gx.i use newsbin to download and have it set to unrar after download.deleted game from hdd and then i unrared metroid other m manually.put it back on to hdd used ios 222 and everything else at default settings and it worked first time.so i guess it must of not unrared properly.thats auto unrar turned of for good now.as i said loaded usb loader gx changed game load to default and changed ios to 222.

Rovelius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Sigh, are you guys even reading at all? My problem isn't with booting the game (yet), it's the fact both uLoader and USB Loader GX simply FAIL at loading my thumb drive when Other M is on it... when it always did with other games.

I'm using the 7.92Gb release... I think I'm gonna try the 4.31Gb one.

snessama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i made an account right now just to tell you that this happened to me. what happened to me was when my 16gig flash drive got close to the maximum capacity, the last games i added to the drive would not load at all.

when i put brawl on my drive first then other games (these games are small in size) second, only brawl worked
then when i put the other games first and brawl second, brawl would not load at all and would either black screen or send me to wiimenu.

before my 300gig hdd broke it could hold and play as many games i put in it.

so i think u should get a bigger flash drive

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, it sounds to me as though it could be an issue of capacity. Trying to put an 8GB game on an 8GB drive doesn't leave much room for error.
I have the game on my 80GB HDD and it's running just fine with USBLoader GX.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.