Hacking ORDERED AN IEDGE CARD..TURNED OUT TO BE FAKE!

sim5728

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I could try the trading stardards thing as well as far as im concerned they the product was sold through false advertising but im unsure how trading stardards will look at it, I dont believe the Iedge is illegal but because of the function of the device im not to sure trading stardards will take it to seriously, Ill wait till Tuesday and then deside depending on if they contact me or not.

I didnt think to look at the misco SD cards but I was having trouble with those also, I just took a look though and they both say 4 on them im assuming that means class 4.

When I copy or cut files off the cards a few files will copy but eventually ill get a message stating the card needs to be formatted and I lose all files its happened with 2 4gb and 1 8gb card all from R4i.co.uk, Im just assuming the cards aint very good quality.

h8isgr8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So these iEDGE clones are really AK2 clones?

Found this in the dsedgei.dat file......

QUOTE said:
_EDGEI..__AK2...__AIO

rolleyes.gif

friarhat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just letting you guys now my order status has now been updated to refund, just waiting for it to go through
biggrin.gif

Also on the same day my genuine IEDGE from gbatemp shop arrived! happy days all round
gbasp.gif

sim5728

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I havent been contacted since the 21st from them I sent another email but I believe they think if they ignore me I will go away.

donkeyboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Latest cheeky email from r4i
========================

Dear Customer

Thank you for your email.

We are unable to refund you if you have a paypal dispute open as we no longer have the money .

You will need to close your paypal dispute ,

Please let us know when this has been done so we can issue a refund

Kind Regards
The r4i.co.uk Customer Service Team

================================
Paypal response -absolute waste of time

You have chosen to escalate your dispute to a PayPal claim. By ending
communication with the seller, you are asking PayPal to investigate the
case and decide the outcome. As part of our investigation, PayPal reviewed
any communication you may have had in the Resolution Centre.

Our investigation into the following transaction is complete. As stated in
our User Agreement, the claims process only applies to the delivery of
goods. It does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of
goods received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or
issue a refund.

-----------------------------------
Transaction Details
Seller's Name: Memorybits/Zoombits/R4 International
Seller's Email: [email protected]

Other Details

PayPal does not tolerate fraud or illegal activities. Your complaint has
been noted in the record of the PayPal member you reported. If we find this
member has violated our policies, we will investigate and take appropriate
action. If this occurs, you may be contacted in the future about the status
of this complaint.

To make sure future transactions proceed smoothly, we suggest you visit the
PayPal site and click the Safety Advice Centre link located at the bottom
of any page. There you will find tips on how to avoid fraudulent sellers in
the "Fraud Prevention Tips for Buyers" section.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you
will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account
and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.
===================================

so no refund has been made & I've returned the card under the cooling off period.
Looks like I've learned a harsh lession and I've lost my money

unsure.gif

sim5728

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This doesnt look good for me I am planning on escalate mine today but doesnt look like Ill get anything myself thought paypal was suppose to protect those who use it from this sort of thing?

Just escalate my dispute hopefully Ill have better luck than you did.

Yep same reply as paypal gave donkeyboy, the the crappy company gets away wth selling a fake/clone product and profits from it that aint right at all.

Camshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If purchasing from the UK my personal opinion is only stick with Xpertron.co.uk, as they are really good
smile.gif
then ShopTemp to keep the community strong and if not needed super fast
smile.gif

sim5728

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got an official Iedge card from ndx-systems.com it was fast delivery and works perfect so thats another one you can order from.

joe2001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Camshi said:
If purchasing from the UK my personal opinion is only stick with Xpertron.co.uk, as they are really good
smile.gif
then ShopTemp to keep the community strong and if not needed super fast
smile.gif

Yeah, agreed. Xpertron.co.uk are very good, wasted no time to get an iEdge out to me
smile.gif

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
actually when paypal dispute is open they can refund money too issuing full refund, or choose to issue refund when item shipped back to them. but if you close paypal dispute you cannot open it again in future.
however if paypal don't help you can still call your credit card company for a chargeback

h8isgr8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zhuzhuchina said:
however if paypal don't help you can still call your credit card company for a chargeback

Really? You would suggesting risking an account closure over a few bucks?

Paypal does not respond well to CC chargebacks. They can close your account and permanently ban you from their service if you do one.

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
i don't believe paypal will do this, paypal protect much buyers,
if you have good reason to ask a chargeback i think isn't a problem for paypal
the problem arise when every month you ask chargeback i think
but if you did once over 1/2 year i thinks is acceptable and normal

foreverseeking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes be careful, the R4i's from r4i.co.uk are the original red ones, but their iEDGEs are FAKE! Be careful of them.

http://www.nintendodsicards.co.uk/fake-iedge-cards - how to tell the real from fake iEDGEs

But from the boxes themselves it's virtually impossible to tell, you kind of have to be holding one to figure it out
frown.gif

Does anyone know how to tell them apart from the packaging or similar before buying? If you do please post it around and e-mail it around so we can share. Beat the fakes!

Note: I've bought iEDGEs from R4i (returned) and NDS-Gear, another friend got his from ConsoleMax, the latter two are both the real deal, so either of those shops seem fine, but not r4i.co.uk

sim5728

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually the front of the official box has iCompatible on the front the i is in a circle and the back has 3 lins of text first just saying Edge with the logo and two lines say for usage instructions ans software updates, please visit official iEdge website then has the address if u compare the two packages you will also notice more of a gloss on the bottom of the official one because the info is printed on a glossy black sticker on the bottom of the box which makes it stand out more.

the fake one has lines and lines of text under the heading quick usage instructions which basically tells you the fake website to get the updates and how to put them on the card, If I knew how to put pics on here id ipload a comparison pic.

friarhat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just letting you guys know my refund has finally been made after nearly 2 weeks of waiting. Also got an email saying if I wrote a review on their site I would get 10% off my next order lol, dont think they want my review tbh
tongue.gif

Gonna send the details off to Jersey trading standards anonymously now
biggrin.gif

dudereno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sim5728 said:
Actually the front of the official box has iCompatible on the front the i is in a circle and the back has 3 lins of text first just saying Edge with the logo and two lines say for usage instructions ans software updates, please visit official iEdge website then has the address if u compare the two packages you will also notice more of a gloss on the bottom of the official one because the info is printed on a glossy black sticker on the bottom of the box which makes it stand out more.

the fake one has lines and lines of text under the heading quick usage instructions which basically tells you the fake website to get the updates and how to put them on the card, If I knew how to put pics on here id ipload a comparison pic.

Here you go.

thumb_iedgebackbox.JPG

Real iEDGE back of box photo. Notice only two lines of text and official URL.

thumb_iegdefakeboxb.jpeg

"Fake/clone" has different text format which right-aligned for the most part and a alternative URL

Larger photos and images of the real /fake carts can be found at the following link. Thanks to flashgib for the fake pics.

http://www.two-screens.com/index.php/featu...edge-guide.html

sim5728

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cool good job with the pics that should atleast help people who stumble onto this site while researching the card before purchase, I just wish the official edge team would put those up.

flashgib

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well guess what?

My fake card broke yesterday, just stopped working completely. No NDS file would boot. Tried re-installing software and formatted the SD card and reloaded but nothing happened. I guess that just re-affirms the cheapness of these cards.

Happily bought my second real Iedge from consolemax.co.uk with no problems. This one turned up in 2 days.

Blissfully happy.....for now!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/CaOkTKfxu44?si=gaexp0MTD_Yi-udH