ROM Hack [OR/AS] Rom hacking questions

fazeclanswaglord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, sorry if this isn't the right place to post this. Anyway, I am currently editing Alpha Sapphire and was wondering:
1. Are sprite and battle theme tied to Trainer Class in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (so would me changing, say, a Youngster to the Gym Leader class change his sprite and the music in the battle to the Gym Leader theme?).
2. Is there an easy means of allowing the player to start with the National Pokédex?
3. Finally, a (dumb) question - I've watched a tutorial on replacing the music files within the game, but is it possible to do this by just dragging and dropping my bcstm files into the romfsdir and overwriting the ones to be replaced (unlikely lol)?
I'm kind of new to 3DS rom hacking haha. Thanks in advance.

pworld

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I know it is ancient and I don't answer the question, but as it took me some time to find a workaround (for all the romhacks, but unfortunately not on romhack side):
For 2) You can (probably, haven't tested it well) enable the national pokedex on the "main" save file using a hex editor by setting the value in the offset 0001 5004 from 00 to 01 (hex). Then you have to open the save with pkhex and save it again so that the checksum is recalculated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I get what they were trying to say but what the ad actually says is "we tried to cram a ton of... +1