Hacking Opera R4 & SC-Mini

cheeo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I desperately need some help! I have been reading on GBAtemp & on the supercard forum about getting Opera to run on the R4 with a SC-Mini. After patching Opera with the Triforce patch I can get it to run with a SC-SD but can’t get it to run on my, or my friends SC-Mini. The SC-Mini runs GBA & has the needed extra Ram, why can't I get it to run on it? Has anyone got a patched Opera to run on the R4 with a SC-Mini? If so did you use the Triforce patch? I know the SC-Rumble is missing the needed Ram, but it should run on the Mini, right?
unsure.gif

DShunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Using the R4 with SC MiniSD combo here. No problems here, the Triforce patch for the Nintendo DS Browser works like magic. As long as your Slot-2 device have that needed extra RAM it should work fine however the problem is the Triforce patch is currently ONLY for the M3 (Non Pro version) and the SC (Non Rumble version).

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You got it to run on the mini Dshunter? I have also had no luck & have tried several patched copies
with no luck. Dshunter you’re sure you have the purple SC mini & not the white SC micro? Right?
Did you create a save for Opera with the R4 like it asks for with all programs? Is your DS flashed?
Do you have the first generation R4 or second non maudable batch. Trying to figure out why it works
for some but not others.

Supercard Mini
scminisd.jpg

deviations

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry to hijack, but i have a flash2advance 256m flash card. there is no way to get this working with the triforce patch?

DShunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You got it to run on the mini Dshunter? I have also had no luck & have tried several patched copies
with no luck. Dshunter you’re sure you have the purple SC mini & not the white SC micro? Right?
Did you create a save for Opera with the R4 like it asks for with all programs? Is your DS flashed?
Do you have the first generation R4 or second non maudable batch. Trying to figure out why it works
for some but not others.

Supercard Mini
scminisd.jpg

Yup I can confirm it works on SC MiniSD and yeah it prompt me to create a save file the first time running it no problem. My DS is not flashed and I have the second batch of the R4 if Im not mistaken due to the fact it came with a black USB reader.

corbs132

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it doesn't and probably won't work with g6, but it has amazzing gba compatibility. doesn't this show it has some ram?

corbs132

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it doesn't and probably won't work with g6, but it has amazzing gba compatibility. doesn't this show it has some ram?

blunty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Working here with my R4 and SC Mini (yes the purple one with the battery inside). My DSL is flashed. I also have a SC SD (the blue one). In theory, the Triforce patched should work with either, so I'll test my SCSD when I get a chance.

cheeo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the help guys, I’m puzzled on why it works for some but not others.
I know there are 2 versions of the SC Mini, the first versions had a Bold MX on a chip.
If you look at the non-sticker side of the Mini you can see the main board & 3 chips, 2
on top of each other & one buy it’s self. The one buy it self is the one with the Bold MX.
Dshunter, blunty can you see a MX on your Mini’s chip? Maybe we have different Mini’s?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o