Is RTC coming anytime soon to Analogue Pocket?

LoggerMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
RTC is built into the firmware, maybe because you can set the date and time on the Pocket itself, but it's not been used in any cores yet so it won't work for Pokemon games. Still need to either let the clock run in real time only when playing the game or run a patched game to manually set it each time (or get a flash cart with RTC). Does anyone know if it's actually coming or possibly will it never come to cores? I just ordered a Pocket and dock, 600 AUD woooweee that's a lot of money, but want to know what my Pokemon experience will be like. Guessing using patched roms just like I did on my miyoo mini?

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
RTC is built into the firmware, maybe because you can set the date and time on the Pocket itself, but it's not been used in any cores yet so it won't work for Pokemon games. Still need to either let the clock run in real time only when playing the game or run a patched game to manually set it each time (or get a flash cart with RTC). Does anyone know if it's actually coming or possibly will it never come to cores? I just ordered a Pocket and dock, 600 AUD woooweee that's a lot of money, but want to know what my Pokemon experience will be like. Guessing using patched roms just like I did on my miyoo mini?
It should work with the GB/GBC cores by budude2 and it might also work with gbstudio patched games. But I'm not completely sure about the GBA side of things. There were also a few recent updates which did some stuff to the clock. I'm not sure if it affects the cores by spiritualized in some way.

Reactions: LoggerMan

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Just did a quick Google search and found this, haven't tested myself:
https://github.com/budude2/openfgpa-GBC
via

Also, don't forget to set aside funds for taxes, subject to local law. Analogue screwed me over by charging for taxes when they shouldn't have on one of my orders.

Also, flash carts do work with the Analogue, although AFAIK you lose features like the Analogue's native save state feature.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Correct, as others have mentioned, RTC is already there for many months (firmware-wise) but it was up to the core devs to actually implement and thus support it.
budude just did that with his new GB/GBC core.
Not only does it have RTC support but also (as the only core on the Analogue Pocket in general) fast forwarding.
Unfortunately it (currently!) lacks save states. However this is said to come according to budude's road map as well as color palette support and (my personal favorite feature) Super Game Boy support. This is especially nice since bubude plans to enable us to use SGB mode (so for example using the officially supported SGB color palettes in games like Donkey Kong '94 and Pokemón Red/Blue) without having to use the border so it still fills the full screen of the Pocket.

tl;dr: budude's core will be the best GB(C) experience on the Pocket you'll ever witness!

LoggerMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just did a quick Google search and found this, haven't tested myself:
https://github.com/budude2/openfgpa-GBC
via

Also, don't forget to set aside funds for taxes, subject to local law. Analogue screwed me over by charging for taxes when they shouldn't have on one of my orders.

Also, flash carts do work with the Analogue, although AFAIK you lose features like the Analogue's native save state feature.

Wow I can't believe I missed that, I must have been Googling and searching Reddit for this info for a long time.

Shame the spiritualised cores don't have this yet. They may never get it if spiritualised is just the official cores like a lot of people suspect, as the official cores would never need RTC if they are only used to play cartridge games which have their own RTC built in. I assumed spiritualised would always be the best cores but I guess not!

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
It's already there bro.
Post automatically merged:

tl;dr: budude's core will be the best GB(C) experience on the Pocket you'll ever witness!
No lies detected. The new v1.0.8 release fixed an audio bug I reported where they had the left and right audio channels swapped.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol