ChipJockey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi there.
I've recently bought EZ-Flash Jr. and unfortunately, I've started to encounter a few really annoying problems with it that I could not find any info on.

1. ROMs corruption
Randomly after boot I can encounter a problem with some random ROMs that are stored on my SD card - they change names to 8 characters string and file extension to .gb0. Some of them refuse to launch, but if one does - it makes the Micro SD fail Initial after reseting the console. I basically have to reformat my SD card to make it work again.

2. Last played game shows up with corrupted name file and it refuses to boot

3. RTC Clock stays in place after turning off console.

i've recently tested that feature and that's the problem I couldn't find anywhere else - after setting up RTC Clock (for example to 2023/02/02 15:02:00), turning off console and booting it up after a while, it stays on the time it previously registered.

A few specifics (if that's going to help with the troubleshooting):
• I use 32GB Samsung PRO Endurance SD card - but I've also noticed the same problems with my 16GB Sandisk.
• I've updated EZ-Flash Jr. to FM4 1.04e
• I format it with Windows built-in format tool - FAT32, 32kb cluster size
• After formatting and placing backup on my SD card, I use Visual YAFS to sort all files in there
• I use this cartridge with unmodified GBA SP and Game Boy Color

Has any of you encountered these problems and managed to fix them? I'm kinda scared, if that's gonna be fault of a hardware itself, because it's not a cheap stuff and I don't want to bother too much with returning and exchanging it.

Last edited by ChipJockey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8