• Don't care.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kellicros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Let's see how many of you would wish the R4 to follow Acekard's footsteps, releasing the source codes for its firmware!

but lets not get too serious, do post your thoughts though, and maybe, take the poll.
huh.gif

Trel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I voted yes. If there's ever a reason they couldn't continue releases firmware, the product needn't stagnate.

Kellicros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
but looking at the Acekard somehow, it gives the impression that the developers are being some lazy ass and releasing the codes solely hoping that the homebrewers would clean up their mess. I mean, just look at how buggy their current firmware is...

backlash

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
when i look at teh acekard i dont think of the developers being lazy. i see them working hard with the community to make the card even better. hence i would like to see this happen too with the R4 as i really love this cart and dont want to see it fail. (yet)

Kellicros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i think it would be a very stupid move.
Becurse off the R4 is so populair then they would give free cloners all they need.

Oh, all the cloners need is to run the official R4 firmware on their clones anyway, that is, if they could successfully clone the hardware, and I don't see how open source firmware is going to help them.

how many people here can for example code or improve firmware? none? except cory1942 maybe...
any DS homebrew coders with slight interest on the R4 could.

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Becurse off the R4 is so populair then they would give free cloners all they need.

Oh, all the cloners need is to run the official R4 firmware on their clones anyway, that is, if they could successfully clone the hardware, and I don't see how open source firmware is going to help them.

how many people here can for example code or improve firmware? none? except cory1942 maybe...
you can just decrypt the firmware and replace all the places where it says r4ds (or m3 simply) with their flashcard name

Kellicros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

you can just decrypt the firmware and replace all the places where it says r4ds (or m3 simply) with their flashcard name
So? Your point is?
Erm, no offense but you quoted my replies, and I don't see how your post have anything to do with anything I typed.

rest0re

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

woah, that's smart! you COULD WRITE "POOP" INSTEAD R4DS .. ? no shit, sherlock

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

woah, that's smart! you COULD WRITE "POOP" INSTEAD R4DS .. ? no shit, sherlock
All i'm saying is that you wouldnt need the source code to make a clone and use the r4's firmware

sasuke_kun12

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
agreeing with backlash. I reckon the best thing a flashcart company can do is to work with developers and work with them and also with their customers so that they can make the best flash cart possible

backlash

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
editing the "r4ds english version" text is already possible via injektor. that and many (perhaps all) of the dialog.

and if a clone is real enough that it looks for the r4 firmware files, then does it matter if it runs the official firmware or maybe my modified firmware?

if they ever do release the source, i know id switch the top and bottom screeens :x and maybe bypass the games/multimedia/slot2 menu and go straight to the games. and pressing up on the 1st item brings to the last item. and definitely gui enhancements.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: