Homebrew Discussion Open Source emunand very soon!

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Happy June 15th! (In my country)
Happy June 15th to you too sir.

june15.jpg

#Auld_lang_syne

Last edited by mattytrog,

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
So no Emunand today??? I had my Sx Os Emunand dumped and everything
it's still another 6 hours for those in PDT to be June 15th, and it's still another 24 hours until June 15th end, so patient

not to mention, though it's hinted everywhere there's no guarantee that we'll get it by June 15th

Qubarf

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
it's still another 6 hours for those in PDT to be June 15th, and it's still another 24 hours until June 15th end, so patient

not to mention, though it's hinted everywhere there's no guarantee that we'll get it by June 15th
So your saying there might not be EmuNAND today? That would be a major bummer because i was finally hoping to play smash with my firend today with an xbox controller rather than two joycons
Because SxOS don't support KIPs

BTW Do you guys think atmosphere will have Hidden Partition and nand size choosing, i hope so because a 32 gb nand size is fairly useless [SxOS]
Happy June 15th everybody!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So your saying there might not be EmuNAND today? That would be a major bummer because i was finally hoping to play smash with my firend today with an xbox controller rather than two joycons
Because SxOS don't support KIPs

BTW Do you guys think atmosphere will have Hidden Partition and nand size choosing, i hope so because a 32 gb nand size is fairly useless [SxOS]
Happy June 15th everybody!
No one ever said emuMMC would be released on June 15th. If you think it is, you just gave yourself false hope. Don't get me wrong, it is probably releasing soon but there are good reasons why developers never announce dates for the stuff they release; because if they don't follow through, everyone faults them for lying.

Anyway, m4xw already confirmed that emmcMMC will support both hidden partition and different sizes.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So your saying there might not be EmuNAND today?

June 15th is a meme, not a hard date.

32GB NAND Size useless? Why are you installing everything to emuNAND? Install it to the SD card.. that makes no sense at all.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyway, m4xw already confirmed that emmcMMC will support both hidden partition and different sizes.

this is new to me
I thought he's only taking the file approach and not hidden partition

June 15th is a meme, not a hard date.

32GB NAND Size useless? Why are you installing everything to emuNAND? Install it to the SD card.. that makes no sense at all.

I'm thinking because he's planning to install to sd card, that's why he wants nand size option so there won't be lots of unused space in the emunand

Last edited by Garou,
Reactions: gizmomelb

Qubarf

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
No one ever said emuMMC would be released on June 15th. If you think it is, you just gave yourself false hope. Don't get me wrong, it is probably releasing soon but there are good reasons why developers never announce dates for the stuff they release; because if they don't follow through, everyone faults them for lying.

Wow can't wait then, whenever it is releasing... :D:sad::(

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is new to me
I thought he's only taking the file approach and not hidden partition
Question 2 was if he was asking if he was partitioning or using multiple files.

1. ~30GB, sizeof(rawnand.bin) + 8MB
However in the future this will be customizable.

2. Both, actually. I didn't set up file-based yet, so currently everything still runs from my 2nd partition. Fwiw we will support multi-emuMMC setup, also the atmosphere installations will be separated.
2.a. For file-based we will use hekates filesystem driver (FATfs), so that will not cause corruption, homebrew that uses the SD too on the other hand...

3. Speed is slower when running from SD (need to lock both the NAND & SD mutexes), normally NAND / SD would be able to run in parallel.
BUT, when using emuMMC to just boot sysNAND, there is a little speed-boost.

4. Yes, I just forward it to FS, so for GC it uses ninties code.
4.a. I played with the Idea of emuGC, which would be a compatibility wrapper for the ASIC, also this wouldn't enable XCI. But this Idea so far is hot air.

5. Dunno what you mean. It will behave as always /shrug

Reactions: Garou

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free