Homebrew Discussion Open Source emunand very soon!

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

nearly 7am here... ams will follow up in a bit, hekate will later/tomorrow (we have a few issues with other new features and basically worked the past 40h on it...).
Happy June 15th!

essm1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As SciresM say
--------------------------------
If you are not an advanced user, you may wish to think about waiting for the inevitable 0.9.1 bugfix update before using emummc as your default boot option.
--------------------------------

So I will wait to 0.9.1 to avoid unwanted issues and bugs

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your patience explaining the same thing that's been asked over and over again is inspiring - keep it up!

Regarding the low-enoguh-FW for a coldboot: what's the highest FW supported for that?
How do I find out the FW my NAND backup was made on?
This is where we get into theoreticals. SciresM made a post last year explaining the best firmware to get untethered coldboot is up to 3.0.1 however no one is working on it (he even has a bounty set up for it just to indicate how challenging it is). Technically, there may be an undiscovered coldboot exploit that works on higher firmware versions or all of them but the chances for this are slim to none. This is generally why the lower your firmware version, the better. I should also point out that its not the firmware version that is important here but the fuse count because if your fuse count exceeds the firmware version you are trying to boot, you will not be able to boot that firmware. I am also pointing this out because some people have very low fuse counts but are on the latest firmware so they can take advantage of an untethered coldboot exploit if its released on a very low firmware version.

As for checking the firmware of your NAND dump, you can use Firmware Version Inspector
If you want to get even more theoretical, untethered coldboot is theoretically possible up to 6.1.0 using pk1ldrhax

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system