Hacking One (hopefully last) bump while modding the Wii.

xMudkips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I've been around this site many a times to look into things here and there for friends, but now I am the one who needs help that none of my friends are able to provide.

I've completed, or at leas so I thought, the hacking/modding of a free Wii I got from New York while visiting family. After following directions from a TuT AND an on screen interactive TuT I now just get one error and am hoping it's a rather easy fix.

This is the error I got :: Error cIOS 248 Not Found Please Install!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers to my first post being one asking for help!
ohnoes.png

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1st, lose the font type here......No one will help you with that crap.
2nd, re-hack it using Modmii from my sig, easiest and most noob friendly, you run it from your PC, and the files it DL's go onto a 2GB sd card.
It will even generate a step by step guide for you to print, as it asks you questions pertaining to your wii.

Any other tut is crap.

xMudkips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ddetkowski said:
2nd, re-hack it using Modmii from my sig, easiest and most noob friendly, you run it from your PC, and the files it DL's go onto a 2GB sd card.
It will even generate a step by step guide for you to print, as it asks you questions pertaining to your wii.

Any other tut is crap.

Well first off, if the font type bothers people then they can learn to grow up, it's just a personal preference I have and as it's a light skin I'm using on here I like the Olive colored text as well, plus I'm an idiot sometimes who goes days without sleep while working so it helps to find my own posts by looking for the odd texts.

Back to topic, I DID use your TuT. Any other suggestions?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
xMudkips said:
ddetkowski said:

Any other tut is crap.

Well first off, if the font type bothers people then they can learn to grow up, it's just a personal preference I have and as it's a light skin I'm using on here I like the Olive colored text as well, plus I'm an idiot sometimes who goes days without sleep while working so it helps to find my own posts by looking for the odd texts.

Back to topic, I DID use your TuT. Any other suggestions?

Set your usb loader to load with slot 249. Or reset the cfg /setting s of your loader.
Wich loader are you using?

Did you follow Modmii? Honesty gets you further you know....

If you don't succeed, STOP modding.

xMudkips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just now noticed the replies, and yes I followed the onscreen TuT to the letter until it literally went through the credits, which was a pretty neat addition I must add. I will PM said person with my problem after I try what Hielkenator other than the snobby suggestion of Stop Modding... As for that little comment, you should really grow up as I followed the TuT and took my time as to not mess anything up.

Also I'm using the Configurable Loader V70 or so it says on the screen as it shows me the error. However it's about time for bed for me, meaning I'm actually getting tired so I'll try out the suggestion once I figure out exactly what that means to do, and post back with any results I obtain.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
xMudkips said:
I just now noticed the replies, and yes I followed the onscreen TuT to the letter until it literally went through the credits, which was a pretty neat addition I must add. I will PM said person with my problem after I try what Hielkenator other than the snobby suggestion of Stop Modding... As for that little comment, you should really grow up as I followed the TuT and took my time as to not mess anything up.

Also I'm using the Configurable Loader V70 or so it says on the screen as it shows me the error. However it's about time for bed for me, meaning I'm actually getting tired so I'll try out the suggestion once I figure out exactly what that means to do, and post back with any results I obtain.

Just to be clear, you should follow the generated guide made by modmii also ( guide.txt )

See above: QUOTEIt will even generate a step by step guide for you to print, as it asks you questions pertaining to your wii.

It's the most important one. The onscreen is just for getting the files you need.
I did'nt mean to be snobby, sorry if I offended you in any way.
But I don't think I'm the "wise"guy here...

In cfg loader, go to global options ( press the minus button and select. )
Just update your cfg loader from there ( v70 release ).
This will make slot 249 your standard loading slot.

Also the slot can be choosen for any game specific for compatibilty reasons.
Normally you would'nt use slot 248.
Look at the setting of the game you want to load and set it to slot 249 if it's differnt.
If all games are on the wrong slot, I suggest setting your CFG loader up with the CFG configurator ( found in the complete package and needs to be run on your PC )
Or try to delete your CFG loader game settings from your SD or HDD.

xMudkips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bowser said:
Uh...did you know you could find your posts by clicking on the little arrow next to your name in your post and clicking on "Find member's posts"?

Yes I did, however if you read the post above at times I go days without sleep for work and other things I do in my daily life, which can easily throw off your normal train of thought. To everyone else, I will try and just reinstall everything I guess even though with some of the more technical parts mentioned I'm clueless, as when my friend modded his as a 4.1U it was literally a one step process and he was off playing games as I recall.

Well I've gotten past the old problem myself, thanks for the response though. Now it just tells me that the device is not responding. Someone can just close this if they'd like, I'm guessing his is more of a common problem and if so I can likely find the solution with some simple searches.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Now go take a shower @BakerMan . Phew +1