OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,

I recently picked up a New 3DS XL and installed CFW (Luma3DS). I installed some CIAs, everything was good.

I read that it is safe to do a system transfer to a 3DS with CFW, so I tried it. I did a transfer from my old 3DS to the new one to transfer my Nintendo ID over. Afterward, all of my CFW-related icons (Homebrew Launcher, FBI, etc) are gone. I'm still clearly on Luma3DS because I can open the Luma3DS boot menu and the Rosalina menu, but I can't access anything useful from those.

I used the Rosalina menu to inject the Homebrew Launcher into Download Play and run it, which worked. Then I tried to reinstall FBI and it gave an 'exception' error. I assume that is because it is already installed.

What steps can I take from here to get FBI (and hopefully other icons) back on my home screen?

Thanks in advance.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
System Transferring is safe in that your CFW does not get removed but it still erases the 3DS and sets it up like the one you're transferring. That includes homebrew. Use Rosalina to launch Homebrew menu from an app other than Download Play. Download Play has a lot of weird issues when used as the Homebrew Launcher. Try an app like Health and Safety. Then see if you can install the FBI CIA using the Homebrew Launcher version of FBI. If you still can't, you can use GodMode9 to inject FBI into Health and Safety, use that to install a new copy of it to the Home menu, then restore Health & Safety back to normal using GodMode9 again.

Sevael

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the replies, guys.

I had to use GodMode9 to inject FBI into Health & Safety. From there I was able to reinstall all necessary CIA files.

Thanks for the help!

spo0ky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
sorry to highjack, but what about missing game icons? i had a lot of cia games installed which still show as installed in freeshop, but there are no icons on the homescreen.
the games even show up in data management/software..

any way to get them back without having to install them all again? maybe some refresh feature i didn't see?

Last edited by spo0ky,

spo0ky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
Use CIAngel to install the tickets for your missing games.
thanks for your quick reply. I installed ciangel but somehow I'm not able to just install the ticket for the game I searched. instead it tries to download and install the game from scratch.

Edit: nvm, just saw the create ticket at the bottom, however do I need to restart the 3ds for the icon to show up?

Last edited by spo0ky,

Xathya

residence aparents trols of temps
Banned
Trophies
Website
knucklestheechidna.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all,

I recently picked up a New 3DS XL and installed CFW (Luma3DS). I installed some CIAs, everything was good.

I read that it is safe to do a system transfer to a 3DS with CFW, so I tried it. I did a transfer from my old 3DS to the new one to transfer my Nintendo ID over. Afterward, all of my CFW-related icons (Homebrew Launcher, FBI, etc) are gone. I'm still clearly on Luma3DS because I can open the Luma3DS boot menu and the Rosalina menu, but I can't access anything useful from those.

I used the Rosalina menu to inject the Homebrew Launcher into Download Play and run it, which worked. Then I tried to reinstall FBI and it gave an 'exception' error. I assume that is because it is already installed.

What steps can I take from here to get FBI (and hopefully other icons) back on my home screen?

Thanks in advance.
you have to format using the ntrboots or send to nitendo for xpress repairs service if warranties is enabled

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for your quick reply. I installed ciangel but somehow I'm not able to just install the ticket for the game I searched. instead it tries to download and install the game from scratch.

Edit: nvm, just saw the create ticket at the bottom, however do I need to restart the 3ds for the icon to show up?
No, you do not have to reset.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up