On CFW, did system transfer, now lost all homebrew/CIA icons

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Sevael, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Sevael
    OP

Sevael GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2003
    Canada
    Hi all,

I recently picked up a New 3DS XL and installed CFW (Luma3DS). I installed some CIAs, everything was good.

I read that it is safe to do a system transfer to a 3DS with CFW, so I tried it. I did a transfer from my old 3DS to the new one to transfer my Nintendo ID over. Afterward, all of my CFW-related icons (Homebrew Launcher, FBI, etc) are gone. I'm still clearly on Luma3DS because I can open the Luma3DS boot menu and the Rosalina menu, but I can't access anything useful from those.

I used the Rosalina menu to inject the Homebrew Launcher into Download Play and run it, which worked. Then I tried to reinstall FBI and it gave an 'exception' error. I assume that is because it is already installed.

What steps can I take from here to get FBI (and hopefully other icons) back on my home screen?

Thanks in advance.

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Did you backup the tickets? You may need to re-install them to show on home menu

3. AnalogMan

AnalogMan sumoCheatMenu Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    System Transferring is safe in that your CFW does not get removed but it still erases the 3DS and sets it up like the one you're transferring. That includes homebrew. Use Rosalina to launch Homebrew menu from an app other than Download Play. Download Play has a lot of weird issues when used as the Homebrew Launcher. Try an app like Health and Safety. Then see if you can install the FBI CIA using the Homebrew Launcher version of FBI. If you still can't, you can use GodMode9 to inject FBI into Health and Safety, use that to install a new copy of it to the Home menu, then restore Health & Safety back to normal using GodMode9 again.

4. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Did you make a complete backup of your previous system, plus a NAND backup?

5. Sevael
    OP

Sevael GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2003
    Canada
    Thanks for the replies, guys.

I had to use GodMode9 to inject FBI into Health & Safety. From there I was able to reinstall all necessary CIA files.

Thanks for the help!