Jordan10la

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's been quite some time since I have been involved in the scene, I believe I am on 3.2 but I am not sure. I know I am on one of the early 3's. I have HBC installed and I want to know what firmware version I should be on and how to go about doing so. I have read around some stickies and information, the news of Bootmii being released is great. I read here and it states that I should email the person and get an update.zip file from him. Why can't I just update from the Wii system menu? Isn't 4.2 hackable now?

Also in that thread installing the HBC and Bootmii is also discussed, I already have HBC though so I am unsure what I should do at this point. I believe I have a general grasp on the installing of the HackMii and everything it comes with, I just am unsure of where to start since I hacked my Wii quite some time ago.

Also I am terribly sorry for making a new thread but I did do a search and read some stickies but couldn't find the information I needed.

Thank you in advance.

MikeE21286

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question, I'm on 3.2 as well and have been wondering about doing this. What is the main advantage of going from say 3.2 to 4.2. I'm sorry if this is a "common knowledge" question. It's just not readily apparent

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MikeE21286 said:
I have a question, I'm on 3.2 as well and have been wondering about doing this. What is the main advantage of going from say 3.2 to 4.2. I'm sorry if this is a "common knowledge" question. It's just not readily apparent
there's no point to upgrade to 4.2. just stay at 3.2 if i were you. just like longtom said, on the sd card menu is the difference. you could use triiforce instead of the sd card menu for loading vc/wiiware games that you have.

fbscarel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Indeed, go with what razorback78 has said. I was on 3.2J and intending to upgrade to 4.2U, but after reading several opinions indicating me to do the exact opposite... well, I'm not THAT stupid.

So, in short, installed Bootmii as boot2 (I believe you've got that already), HBC, AnyRegion Changer (since my system menu was in Japanese) and Hermes' cIOS222 rev4. With that cIOS I was able to do what I wanted most, load backups from USB, so I just finished the deal with usbloader_gx and uLoader.

richardo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great info I've been wondering this too. Just to clarify do you need anything further to allow recent games with newer firmware updates to work from the disk channel on 3.2? (e.g for very old modchip users)

Most of the new games come with something in the ISO to say they must run with IOS54 or whatever. I guess installing an IOS222 will not simply fix this issue and something else must be done to allow these to work through a disc channel? I know loaders exist I'm just thinking of those that have friends/housemates that play their wii and might just try to use disc channel?

fbscarel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, while I do have a Wiikey which I believe takes care of loading disc backups, I very rarely use this functionality. Large USB media solved these problems for me. Also, I don't want to put any stress on the Wii DVD reader... to me, the less it's used the best.

So, in short, I don't have a precise answer. Every disc I once in a while try to load works just fine (I boot 'em up via usbloader_gx on the HBC channel), but I don't know if it's due to the Wiikey or not.

Sabin_Figaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Main advantage is that Safe Upgrader will automatically install all necesary IOS, so newer games and Wiiware will not bitch. Except New Super Mario that will force an update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy