Hacking On 6.1.0 and don't want to lose hackability

Myria

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Switch is unhacked. I don't intend to hack it anytime soon, but I don't want to lose the ability to hack it in the future.

My Switch is a day-one Switch (XAW1002445xxxx) on 6.1.0 right now. I disconnected it from the Internet when 6.2.0 came out, and deleted the downloaded 6.2.0 update by booting into Recovery Mode.

When I was reading Twitter back when 6.2.0 came out, it sounded like I needed to dump some keys from my Switch while it was still on lower than 6.2.0 in order to be able to hack 6.2.0, and that updating to 6.2.0 would thus ruin the ability to hack it. I don't know whether this is still true.

Is there anything I need to do before updating to newest firmware if I care about future hackability?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You don't need to dump the specific master keys, they aren't console unique. What I would recommend you do is to download Hekate, use any method of launching RCM mode (you need a jig or paper clip or such to enter RCM), dump your NAND and dump your biskeys (they're unique) and save them in a safe spot.

EDIT: So far no unpatched units have been locked away from CFW except for a while before a clever man/woman/alien/corgi managed to bypass the latest lock.

Last edited by linuxares,
Reactions: Myria

Tobberoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Might have changed quite recently, but it's definitely possible to dump the keys on 6.2 now. Hekate can dump the keys, and lockpick can create a key file from the dumps.

Reactions: Augar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, there wasnt even a conversation in place