Secondary Switch: Can I launch titles offline? (Or move them to emuMMC?)

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
can I run eShop titles from sysMMC without the online check? Or is there a way to move them to emuMMC?

Background:

I have a v1 Switch (hackable) and an OLED one. I want my OLED to be the primary console (not hacked) to use for everything I purchased. I don't want to be forced to be online when starting games.

But on the v1 Switch as the secondary console, I have to be online to run purchased titles. Is there any way to circumvent that?

I haven't yet hacked my v1. I would do this just to be able to play on both consoles. I just want to avoid the trouble of dumping each game and installing it again or something.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The Switch is offline, so there should be no risk?

So the only way is to dump the titles and install them again in emuMMC one by one?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Switch is offline, so there should be no risk?

So the only way is to dump the titles and install them again in emuMMC one by one?

Your account is still linked even if you created an emunand, so there is always a risk, you can't run offline without checking on secondary switch.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So is the only way to run them offline to pirate everything then? There is no way to unlink my games from my account?

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running eShop games on a non-primary Switch requires internet. If you want to remove that restriction you're going to need CFW and install "backups" whether dumped from your own copies or acquired elsewhere. As noted, dumping your own copies incurs risk as you have to first link your real Nintendo account on the hacked Switch to install the games. Then boot to CFW, dump them, and re-install on a non-nintendo linked profile.

IMO if you're going to go CFW anyway, just acquire the bits in another method and don't even link your Nintendo account to the hacked Switch. You will also not be able to sync your saved games between the two Switch consoles if that's a consideration.

Reactions: cosmiccow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.