Old Wii (3.4E) Can i still update it and hack it afterwards:

simulka1503

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hey Guys, i just found my old wii in my uncles old boxes, and wanted to install homebrew channel. I stared it up and found out that its 3.4E so i headed to internet, connect wifi and start update, after 3 seconds window pops up with error code 32007. Can someone help me how to update it to 4.3 ? I know that i can update it with 2010 released games, but i dont have those and actually dont have money to waste if the disc wont update my console (saw some posts where guys said that some 2010 disks does not update your system).
So is there any solution to help me with it and update it ? I got everything like 2tb usb, 128 sd card with adapter. But i need only that update.

Thanks for every respond ;)

simulka1503

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
@XFlak Thank you for your respond, i got 2gb Sd Card and one 128 gb, i found out yesterday your ModMii post and fast as i can i tried it. But i get one problem. After Hackmii screen about scamming loads, Wii freezes. No press 1 to continue message or smthn. I looked on some tips how to solve it but nothing works if i didnt do anything wrong. So here is my question now. What to do about that freeze screen? Do i have to try my switch 128 gb sd card? Or is there any solution how to fix it? Thanks for all responds guys 😁

simulka1503

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Str2hax didnt worked for me, i tried it as first thing before finding my sd cards. But my wii cant do it i think. I did everything like on ytb. Change the thing in internet connection (no ip adress but the 3rd page) And go to agreements. All it says was the shop and the internet24 is shut downed. I have strong wifi connection so thats not the problem.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i doubt the old wii would recognize sdcard above than 32gb
It will recognize it as long as it's formatted to FAT32.

Not sure about bigger cards, but I've been using a Sandisk 200GB micro SD with an Adapter and it's been working great using Wiiflow and loading backups from it. Maybe 512GB or 1TB cards won't work, but I know for a fact 200GB work (FAT32 formatted).

simulka1503

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
@XFlak im sorry but i have to look like a dumbest person on earth, so…
It says when is there problem you have to change version of bannerbomb so i did it and its still freezing

drag4you

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It says when is there problem you have to change version of bannerbomb so i did it and its still freezing
Have you tried using an older version of Hackmii? Try using the 1.0 version https://bootmii.org/download/
I try soft-modding a wii with 3.2 U firmware using the Hackmii 1.2 and it always freezes in the scam window. So I used the same method bannerbomb but using an older version of bootmii and it worked. Just replace the boot.elf from the hackmii_installer_v1.0 folder for your method.

Last edited by drag4you,
Reactions: XFlak

KuntilanakMerah

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
that a waste you can use external harddrive instead of sd card, it also require max 4gb of sd card to be able to install hackmii
with harddrive you can make 2 partition, partition one formatted as fat32 and the other one formatted as ntfs

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
You don't see this?

- Press 1 to continue.
If the "Press 1 to continue" message doesn't appear, or you get a "no vulnerable IOS" error message or experience any other issues with this step, run ModMii again and this time select the "HackMii Solutions" option and follow those new instructions before continuing this guide.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.