I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
If all that's logged are the title IDs, it should be trivial (for a hacker) to figure out where they're stored if you can get read/write access to where the firmware is located. If the USB firmware loader can also save changes to the USB drive, then this should be quick to come.

Yes but it might not be as easy as deleting it either, the PS3 might require these logs and if it (your PS3 I suppose) finds that they've been tampered with it might cause a problem.

woodoste

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I just bought a PS3 Slim + a PS3 Break 1.0.

This F.A.Q. is simply but I didn't get few things:

1) Which is the best backup manager program ? (Open Manager, Backup Manager 2)

2) Can I play online with backups? (Should I set 67.202.81.137 DNS ?)

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) you have to use the regular backup manager
ps3break doesnt support backup manager 2 or open manager and will never will because it requires hermes payload which ps3 break 1.1 has, 1.0 cannot be upgraded

2) you cant go online as 3.50 is required, they blocked the DNS trick within a few days

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hacking online? Like cheating? hm... I'm sure people just want to be able to get online :x At least that's how I feel.

It just sucks when someone in the scene finds something out and then goes "lol I'm not tellin' ". That's no good :s Not for the scene.

Actually, it may be good for now. With Sony on a freaking rampage throwing their money all over the place to stop this, hackers getting online right now would only infuriate Sony more. I guess it would be a good idea to let it die down a little. IF if dies down at all, lol.

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony won't bother with finding ways to combat online cheating unless there are online cheaters.

Not a glory-seeker? How is telling the entire ps3 scene "hey I found out how to bypass checks, but I'm not going to tell you. So instead, you can sit there and be butthurt while possibly being mad at me for not telling you how you can get online" not glory-seeking? Like I said, I'm sure the vast majority just want to get online. They could care less about cheating. And if they do, they run a high risk of being banned.

ComplicatioN

Broken Barriers
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Quoting this from another site.
QUOTE said:
Exclamation Play Online On your PS3 Via Xlink Kai (WE NEED PEOPLE TO USE THIS)
So i made this thread on ps3 news section and we still need more people so here:

So you wanna Play Online on your Jailbroken Ps3? No Problem... Download Xlink Kai 7.4 From the Xlink Kai Website (Google Is your friend,friend) And install it to your liking (what options you like) Now before you start it if you are in Windows 7 In the Start Menu right click Start Kai and go on compatibility and make it into Vista otherwise you will get an Error. Now let it access your PC And it will go to your browser onto some kind of Chat for the Xlink Kai but you must sign up beforehand (Xlink Kai Site has Sign up; Use your PSN User if i were you xD) WARNING: Xlink Kai Supports PS3 But doesn't have the option to add your ps3 onto your account. Follow up will be in the guide later. After you are done: (Tutorial On how to use it in game will be added after) feel free to help out

EDIT: Heres a Foolproof Guide to help out - Go to XLink Kai Forums and onto the PS3 Section then it says setting up Xlink for your Playstation 3

EDIT EDIT: Remember IF YOU DO NOT GET DNS Error when turned PS3 On then you aint doin it right (most likely wireless internet; Use ethernet to do Xlink)

xraven13

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Sounds like a solution !
smile.gif

But what if I don't have PSN account ? I mean I already have jailbreaked PS3 and if I go online, my firmware will be upgraded so jailbreak will not work anymore...

Any solution for this ?

EDIT :

I made PSN account via PC right now.. But not sure is that the same that's used on PS3 ?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Don't blame him for not telling.

I certainly don't want people hacking online.

I'm more worried about EVERYONE using it then it being blocked. It's better for the devs to use it so they can get more stuff done.

Hacking online wouldn't be a problem, especially since people are afraid to even go online with the backup manager installed.

ComplicatioN said:
Quoting this from another site.
QUOTEExclamation Play Online On your PS3 Via Xlink Kai (WE NEED PEOPLE TO USE THIS)
So i made this thread on PS3ISO ps3 news section and we still need more people so here:

So you wanna Play Online on your Jailbroken Ps3? No Problem... Download Xlink Kai 7.4 From the Xlink Kai Website (Google Is your friend,friend) And install it to your liking (what options you like) Now before you start it if you are in Windows 7 In the Start Menu right click Start Kai and go on compatibility and make it into Vista otherwise you will get an Error. Now let it access your PC And it will go to your browser onto some kind of Chat for the Xlink Kai but you must sign up beforehand (Xlink Kai Site has Sign up; Use your PSN User if i were you xD) WARNING: Xlink Kai Supports PS3 But doesn't have the option to add your ps3 onto your account. Follow up will be in the guide later. After you are done: (Tutorial On how to use it in game will be added after) feel free to help out

EDIT: Heres a Foolproof Guide to help out - Go to XLink Kai Forums and onto the PS3 Section then it says setting up Xlink for your Playstation 3

EDIT EDIT: Remember IF YOU DO NOT GET DNS Error when turned PS3 On then you aint doin it right (most likely wireless internet; Use ethernet to do Xlink)

It sounds like just a LAN Boosting program.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
girugamarc said:
Not a glory-seeker? How is telling the entire ps3 sceneHe didn't.
He told a few people in an IRC channel that were talking about it, and then somebody else copy-pasted the logs to the public.

QUOTE(DeltaBurnt @ Oct 3 2010, 10:41 AM) Hacking online wouldn't be a problem, especially since people are afraid to even go online with the backup manager installed.
You're forgetting the 14-year old little shitheads that have nothing better to do than fuck with people. It only takes one cheater in a game to ruin it for everybody.

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh please, you talk as if the guy didn't know someone would bring that irc chat to public view. He's obviously okay with it, I mean, he IS posting in that thread itself.

Like I previously said. Sony will not bother with preventing online cheaters without there being online cheaters. Without the cheating, Sony won't know what it is they have to check for in order to ban the cheaters.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
girugamarc said:
Oh please, you talk as if the guy didn't know someone would bring that irc chat to public view. He's obviously okay with it, I mean, he IS posting in that thread itself.Fuck the what?
Let me quote you his first post in that thread, since it seems you looked at it but didn't bother to actually read it.
http://www.ps3hax.net/showpost.php?p=121980&postcount=16
QUOTE said:
I hate it when people paste irc logs on forums xD

QUOTE(girugamarc @ Oct 3 2010, 01:51 PM)
Like I previously said. Sony will not bother with preventing online cheaters without there being online cheaters. Without the cheating, Sony won't know what it is they have to check for in order to ban the cheaters.
Sony is a company that acts preemptively (the hypervisor says hi). They're quick to patch confirmed exploits and were even involved in that rootkit fiasco a few years ago where they got sued by the state of texas for installing rootkits on people's computers to try to prevent them from copying music CDs. They will go to lengths to prevent hacks and cheats. Stopping cheaters online is something they can bring in at any time since it'd be done server-side, they didn't initially have it because cheating wasn't possible on the PS3 historically so they didn't bother wasting time to code methods to stop it and waste server resources to check for something that wasn't possible at the time. Unlike CFW and such where once somebody does it locally they always have it, with something server-side (like official online play) they're free to fix it at any time, and once they do it will be fixed for everybody.

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
girugamarc said:
Oh please, you talk as if the guy didn't know someone would bring that irc chat to public view. He's obviously okay with it, I mean, he IS posting in that thread itself.Fuck the what?
Let me quote you his first post in that thread, since it seems you looked at it but didn't bother to actually read it.
http://www.ps3hax.net/showpost.php?p=121980&postcount=16
QUOTE said:
I hate it when people paste irc logs on forums xD

QUOTE(girugamarc @ Oct 3 2010, 01:51 PM)
Sony is a company that acts preemptively (the hypervisor says hi). They're quick to patch confirmed exploits and were even involved in that rootkit fiasco a few years ago where they got sued by the state of texas for installing rootkits on people's computers to try to prevent them from copying music CDs. They will go to lengths to prevent hacks and cheats. Stopping cheaters online is something they can bring in at any time since it'd be done server-side, they didn't initially have it because cheating wasn't possible on the PS3 historically so they didn't bother wasting time to code methods to stop it and waste server resources to check for something that wasn't possible at the time. Unlike CFW and such where once somebody does it locally they always have it, with something server-side (like official online play) they're free to fix it at any time, and once they do it will be fixed for everybody.
Regardless, he would have to be a moron to think that no one would speak about it outside of the irc chat. By telling whoever was in the chat about this bypass, he basically told the entire PS3 scene. If he wanted it to be a secret, he should have kept it to himself.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
girugamarc said:
Regardless, he would have to be a moron to think that no one would speak about it outside of the irc chat. By telling whoever was in the chat about this bypass, he basically told the entire PS3 scene. If he wanted it to be a secret, he should have kept it to himself.
He was correcting incorrect information.

Get used to it if you want to hang out in a tech field. People will correct incorrect information just for the sake of having the correct information (because it's important).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight: Hello +1