Hacking [OLD!] PS3 "jailbreak" F.A.Q.

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming that 3.50 blocks the jailbreak and its variants by changing the way the PS3 boots, would it be possible to rip the 3.50 firmware and then alter it in a way that allows USB devices to boot first? I really miss online, lol.

I wonder if anyone is really even working on how to bypass it. Any kind of news would be good tbh. Even one that says "Update impossible to bypass, people that care about PSN, go ahead and update". lol

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a post from a different site, not sure about the credibility or exact procedure to use. Downgrading? This is in response to having a bricked PS3 from the PSP app.

QUOTE said:
I finally got mine back on track. I was using the recovery menu. I was using option 5 and 6. After removing the battery out of my system for 14hrs, I couldn't get past the 50% mark. I tried and formatted 3 different drives, formatted them in other ps3s and/or zero-filled them. That didn't work either. Used 3 different flash drives and 2 external hard drives. Didn't help. I ultimately used a game for the firmware. The game I used was Demon Souls. When I had that in the drive and only that (along with the controller of course) it made it to 100%.

I was using 3.41 originally. Now the firmware is 2.71. I got my other os back. It locked up for a moment when it booted up to the xmb, but its ok now. I didn't know that was possible to rollback firmware. I hope this helps someone else out.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is something that may be interesting (apparently it's already posted in the news section) Ignore!

QUOTE said:
In an update to the court action against the owners of PSJAILBREAK, I have gotten all the possible recent court documents that are available right now at much personal cost to myself (money for documents), but I thought it would serve the public good to see what the Sony legal dogs are up to.

In these boring legal filings by Sony, it now covers not just PSJailbreak, but also names PSGroove, PSFreedom, OpenPSJailbreak, and they have filed printouts from various blogs, forums, and sites like PS3NEWS with comments and tutorials people have been writing up on how to use these various programs. They even mention of course the phone ports & TI84 calc. hacks.

Sony is using this information, to get the courts to order up faster service, to force the various ISP', Domain Register's, and Web Hosting Services to give up the personal info on their clients so that can serve more court papers on those people, and issue DMCA takedown notices to shut down various sites.

So for the Judge has only granted one order so far, this one is directed to YAHOO! to within 5 business days to turn over all the information they have on a "[email protected]", all IP's he used to access his mail, his personal info stored by Yahoo, his email of course, and other logs.

This E-Mail address is the one that was used to rent the mail-drop box in Texas used by http://shoppsjailbreak.com as their virtual office for orders, shipments, registering the domain name, etc.

Recently, that above name site which also goes under the company name of Zoomba stop using the ".com" domain and now is operating under a http://shoppsjailbreak.net domain. -- Plus also the http://psjailbreakcanada.com site which seems to point IP wise to the older site, has suddenly been changed to DOJ/IPR/ICE notice that has been used in the past for "Torrent/Movie" site take-downs!

Anyhow, here is all the public court documents you can read thru them now, and see just what SCEA has been printing out about yourself online, they are asking the court they need to findout the true identify of everyone that sells, makes, offers for sale, or even has just knowledge of the real people behind any project called PSJailbreak, PSGroove, OpenPSJailbreak, PSFreedom.

Don't be surprized if the next few days, you see less sites online, or you find yourself answering the door to a person serving you a Summons to Appear! -- The good reading stuff is the PDF's called Exhibit or Exhibits!

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
Zetta_x said:
I have read reports of the new manager not working with games from backup manager 1.0, has anybody noticed differences in compatibility?
Apparently if you have games not working via Backup Manager 2 and no disc just place a disc in and select it the way you use to without a disc and it works fine. No new rip is needed.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Don't think that's important enough for the FAQ, as the FAQ centers on jailbreaking know-how... however the other FAQ centers in the install and is big enough with all the ports.

I think it's time for another guide. Since the PS3 scene's not to the point where it needs separate categories for homebrew/mods I'll just make one thread and then people cane make separate guides later on.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Don't think that's important enough for the FAQ, as the FAQ centers on jailbreaking know-how... however the other FAQ centers in the install and is big enough with all the ports.

I think it's time for another guide. Since the PS3 scene's not to the point where it needs separate categories for homebrew/mods I'll just make one thread and then people cane make separate guides later on.

Oh no I wasn't suggesting it for the FAQ, I was just posting it as news more or less.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
An alternative to the Jailbreak compatibility list (especially now that google has pulled the spreadsheet!)
http://www.psjcl.com/

I prefer this one as it can be navigated by first letter (rather than trying to guess what page it might be on if you don't use the search function that is), also shows the latest updates to the list, plus it is not subject to the annoying pop-ups of the other site (if you are not a member presumably)

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xraven13 said:
Arghhh... I want to play new Sonic and Rayman Origins =,(

Well there's an obvious catch-22 for psn stuff. You need to download the game from psn to rip it, but you can't log into psn with a jailbreak-ed ps3. Of course even if there was a way to do this somehow, who would risk their psn account, buy something spending actual money, only to be possibly banned in the future?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
xraven13 said:
Arghhh... I want to play new Sonic and Rayman Origins =,(

Well there's an obvious catch-22 for psn stuff. You need to download the game from psn to rip it, but you can't log into psn with a jailbreak-ed ps3. Of course even if there was a way to do this somehow, who would risk their psn account, buy something spending actual money, only to be possibly banned in the future?

There's got to be a way to delete the logs that are made of the backup manager though, it'll just take time (unless the logs are stored on the PSN server, then you're fucked).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, why not?