Old modded Wii - lost the SD card

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by KopaM, Mar 25, 2015.

1. KopaM
    OP

KopaM Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2015
    Holstebro, Denmark
    Hi everyone,
    I have a modded Wii that I haven't touched for several years. It's running 4.3E (not sure if I updated it after I modded it, the Wii still works fine).

My problem is that all the files required for the modded Wii was located on that SD card and now I can't open any of the channels? I'm a complete noob, I forgot how everything works and I have no idea on what files I need for the channels to work again.
    I remember that I had the ability to download ISO's and then play them on the Wii but yeah.. Forgot everything and lost all the files.

Opening channels like Homebrew channel results in a black screen and then I return to the main menu.

2. KopaM
    OP

KopaM Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2015
    Holstebro, Denmark
    Can I just update the Wii to the newest version? Or will that brick the Wii?
    Or can I format everything and then start over?

3. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

GBAtemp Patron
    mightymuffy is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2002
    United Kingdom
    Wigan, land of the Pies
    Do you have a SD card in now, complete with an apps folder?
    Seriously though in this case it's probably best to update your console and start again, following one of the guides in the tutorials section ;)

4. KopaM
    OP

KopaM Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2015
    Holstebro, Denmark
    Well uhm, I just downloaded the homebrew channel and put it on my SD card and everything worked fine.
    I repeated the same process with all the other files and it went well - can't believe it was that easy!

mightymuffy likes this.