Hacking [OLD] Loadiine backup loader for WiiU 5.3.2 ONLY (NO 5.4 NO 5.5!)

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Self hosting has always worked better from my experience. But anyways, being as quick as possible seemed like it worked best for me too until I started waiting about 30 seconds. And yea, waiting like half hour to do anything seems to freeze for me too. So not sure what you want to draw on from that. Lol.

At the end, I still stick by my opinion we're all fighting an endless battle against RNG. Lol

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so, does that mean the culprit is the libwiiu code? isn't that whats behind all the kexploits?
precisely, more to the point I suppose that it is likely the javascript code which sets up and starts the actual asm. Now, I did try to look at that once for like 10 minutes blankly and then just closed the document again because I had not a single clue what the fuck I was looking at so, good luck getting that more stable :P.

frankGT

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So does v4 adds chance of chashing when loading?

I'm using v3 from the beggining and its 100% susccess (locally), i even thought that the kexploit was the only random part.

Last edited by frankGT,

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
@Cyan questions, I may have missed the answer but didn't see it.

1.) In V4.0, How do I go back to the menu a and select a different game? Mii Maker just drops me into Mii Maker not the Menu.

2.) Trying to launch PyGecko after selecting Smash Mode, it freezes every time. If I select Mii Maker, it jumps right into the game and If I launch it after the game starts from the System Menu, it freezes again. Is there something I'm doing wrong.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

I dont know if anyone already made it or not but as I promised here is a dumper for the XML values of the titles you run. It is just the loadiine code changed to not start menu/games but print only the XML parameters to the loadiine log server. It prints the parameters of every title you enter (even system menu). You can use the mii maker app.xml/cos.xml (or some other) as a starting point and adapt the printed values in it.

http://www33.zippyshare.com/v/XWn2ogwf/file.html

Everybody is welcome to change this application to actually write an XML file with the values to the SD card or over the network. This is just some quick and dirty solution in which I invested not more than 5-10 mins so don't expect much :P.

EDIT: Ah I forgot to tell, that it does not print all of the XML values. This structure in the kernel does not have all of the app.xml and cos.xml values (some are only available in IOSU or maybe in the kernel too, but I did not find them yet) but those are all the ones that are needed for loadiine. We do not use more than that anyway right now.

Last edited by dimok,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hey everyone,

I dont know if anyone already made it or not but as I promised here is a dumper for the XML values of the titles you run. It is just the loadiine code changed to not start menu/games but print only the XML parameters to the loadiine log server. It prints the parameters of every title you enter (even system menu). You can use the mii maker app.xml/cos.xml (or some other) as a starting point and adapt the printed values in it.

http://www33.zippyshare.com/v/XWn2ogwf/file.html

Everybody is welcome to change this application to actually write an XML file with the values to the SD card or over the network. This is just some quick and dirty solution in which I invested not more than 5-10 mins so don't expect much :P.

EDIT: Ah I forgot to tell, that it does not print all of the XML values. This structure in the kernel does not have all of the app.xml and cos.xml values (some are only available in IOSU or maybe in the kernel too, but I did not find them yet) but those are all the ones that are needed for loadiine. We do not use more than that anyway right now.
good job :) well i can corfirm NDS VC games work in loadiine 4.0 now with the dumped XML, dont have any n64 VC to dump the XML so can't test that, but i guess with the XML set up correctly it probably will

for anyone wanting to make setup NDS VC the xml on the free brain training NDS VC is like this (not sure if it will differ with the newer NDS VC titles)
Code:
  <version type="unsignedInt" length="4">20</version>
  <cmdFlags type="unsignedInt" length="4">0</cmdFlags>
  <argstr type="string" length="4096">hachihachi_ntr.rpx</argstr>
  <avail_size type="hexBinary" length="4">00000000</avail_size>
  <codegen_size type="hexBinary" length="4">02000000</codegen_size>
  <codegen_core type="hexBinary" length="4">80000000</codegen_core>
  <max_size type="hexBinary" length="4">40000000</max_size>
  <max_codesize type="hexBinary" length="4">0C800000</max_codesize>
  <overlay_arena type="hexBinary" length="4">00000000</overlay_arena>

also thats just the important bits^, just paste that over an existing cos.xml in the appropriate place

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
good job :) well i can corfirm NDS VC games work in loadiine 4.0 now with the dumped XML, dont have any n64 VC to dump the XML so can't test that, but i guess with the XML set up correctly it probably will

for anyone wanting to make setup NDS VC the xml on the free brain training NDS VC is like this (not sure if it will differ with the newer NDS VC titles)
Code:
  <codegen_size type="hexBinary" length="4">02000000</codegen_size>
  <codegen_core type="hexBinary" length="4">80000000</codegen_core>
  <max_codesize type="hexBinary" length="4">0C800000</max_codesize>

also thats just the important bits^, just paste that over an existing cos.xml in the appropriate place
Wow.. I was pretty close...

Code:
  <codegen_size type="hexBinary" length="4">02E80000</codegen_size>
  <codegen_core type="hexBinary" length="4">80000001</codegen_core>
  <max_codesize type="hexBinary" length="4">0E000000</max_codesize>

Oh and thank you for sharing these bits. :) :beer:

Last edited by EclipseSin,
Reactions: Azel

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the cos/app dumper, I guess we will soon get NDS/N64 values ;)

@Cyan questions, I may have missed the answer but didn't see it.

1.) In V4.0, How do I go back to the menu a and select a different game? Mii Maker just drops me into Mii Maker not the Menu.

2.) Trying to launch PyGecko after selecting Smash Mode, it freezes every time. If I select Mii Maker, it jumps right into the game and If I launch it after the game starts from the System Menu, it freezes again. Is there something I'm doing wrong.
1) the usual way : press Home, select Exit to menu, then run miimaker again.
Some game (Tested only mario kart 8) are not returning to the menu and freeze. You heard the menu sound, so the game is already exited, but the menu loading is freezing.
I tried loading another title instead of the menu (load browser, run loadiine again to auto-launch miimaker. Loadiine IS miimaker patched), it's freezing too, so it's not only the menu which has that issue.

All the other games I tried could exit without issues. If you have game freezing at exit, can you tell use which one?
Also, you mentioned that exiting the game drops you into miimaker? that's the first time I see that. you can't run miimaker again while in a game (unless booting loadiine from the browser again while still in the game)

2) I tried launching NNU patcher after loadiine, and it froze too.
I guess nothing can be patched after loadiine 4 is in memory. maybe an issue with the new memory area?

I tried launching NNU patcher before loadiine, but I couldn't access eshop. loadiine probably removed nnu patch somehow.

3)
Loadiine 4 use new memory area, and is not working the same way than previous loadiine versions.
Having issues is maybe normal, but that's fine to report them, so we can see what's different and search how it can be fixed.

let us know all differences with previous loadiine.
- exit game to menu freeze
- autoboot (I have less autoboot success with A), just exit miimaker and launch either Miimaker or disc to boot the game.
- pygecko/nnu/other hacks not possible and freezing

Edit:
I see NDS xml is available, happened while I was writing this message :P
Thank you for the values.

I saw some titles using just ".rpx"

<argstr type="string" length="4096">.rpx</argstr>

It might be more versatile to not include the game's filename.

Reactions: EclipseSin

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Edit:
I see NDS xml is available, happened while I was writing this message :P
Thank you for the values.

I saw some titles using just ".rpx"

<argstr type="string" length="4096">.rpx</argstr>

It might be more versatile to not include the game's filename.
yeah i dont think the rpx value matters, but figured it would help people see where to insert it into the xml

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hmm. Ill see if it's working then for me or not and look into it.
with your version, eshop access works fine from the home menu after kernel patch.

after launching loadiine 4 I can't access eshop, either from a game or from home menu.
so your changes are fine, it's just loadiine which is affecting it. (or they added a better console version check yesterday?)
I'll try again.

You have the sources? we could try adding it to loadiine install.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I see at least one NDS game works. Thats nice.

@gamesquest1 and @Cyan
The RPX name really does not matter as gamesquest1 said. Loadiine inserts the RPX name it finds on the SD card for the game it starts.

EDIT:
with your version, eshop access works fine from the home menu after kernel patch.

after launching loadiine 4 I can't access eshop, either from a game or from home menu.
so your changes are fine, it's just loadiine which is affecting it. (or they added a better console version check yesterday?)
I'll try again.

You have the sources? we could try adding it to loadiine install.

I think this is due to us using IBAT4 for our purpose. Like I said somewhere before on this thread my guess is that IBAT4 is reserved for eshop code. I did not see it being used anywhere for games, browser or system menu but I didnt look into eshop. So that could be it.

Last edited by dimok,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Ah I see at least one NDS game works. Thats nice.

@gamesquest1 and @Cyan
The RPX name really does not matter as gamesquest1 said. Loadiine inserts the RPX name it finds on the SD card for the game it starts.

EDIT:

I think this is due to us using IBAT4 for our purpose. Like I said somewhere before on this thread my guess is that IBAT4 is reserved for eshop code. I did not see it being used anywhere for games, browser or system menu but I didnt look into eshop. So that could be it.
well in other news rom injections work too, even on the .Zip VC games, just injected NSMB into the .zip version of brain age

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLg85Bwkfmo