Hacking Old Homebrew won't work on 4.82 Rebug: How to make it compatible?

gamba66

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello

I am trying to run Hexen and Heretic on my Playstation 3 Fat (CECHA01) and when I try to start the homebrew after installing it (no problems there) I get an error 8001017.

I am running 4.82 Rebug

Here it is: https://www.brewology.com/downloads/download.php?id=12337&mcid=4

I suspect the homebrew is made for older custom firmwares and needs to be updated or patched to work on 4.82.

Anyone can help me out with that? I have been searching for solutions for an hour and I am about to give up but I absolutely love these older games and really want them to work.

Thanks very much in advance

gamba66

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So it's a pkg file?
Do you have the .rap file for it?
No unfortunately not, as I understood these .rap files are for retail psn games that need unlocking via psnpatch or ReactPSN

Since this is a homebrew by an indie developer there is no .rap file for it. But it also came as a folder with an eboot.bin as content and I read that back in the day people used openmanager to install this which seems to be yet another outdated homebrew

If I simply drag the homebrew folder in my game folder on my ps3 dev/hdd0 internal disc nothing happens

Again sorry for my noobish questions, I joined the game late by buying a BC 60gb CECHA01, mainly to play older ps2 games

gamba66

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
anyone? I am still struggling to get this to run

there is the sourcecode included along with a makefile and a .bat to compile it but I am afraid I am not knowledgable enough on that field and also I am missing the compiling tools

https://www.brewology.com/downloads/download.php?id=12337&mcid=4

Would be amazing if someone could compile this again for the current ps3 cfw

Last edited by gamba66,

gamba66

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
it may need to be updated beyond a simple resigning. did you try resigning it? true ancestor can do that for you.
Yes I tried ESSE Resigner, True Ancestor and Aldostools.

All gave errors and scetools crashes when trying to decrypt the eboot.bin

I am really trying to get it to run on my own but I am only ending up in deadends :(

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I tried ESSE Resigner, True Ancestor and Aldostools.

All gave errors and scetools crashes when trying to decrypt the eboot.bin

I am really trying to get it to run on my own but I am only ending up in deadends :(

I just tried to decrypt the EBOOT. there appears to be something wrong with it, so there may be nothing that you can do.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I tried both. scetool doesn't crash for me, but it says, "can't decrypt header." I tried looking in scetool gui, and something doesn't look right with the information I'm receiving.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It installed and playing fine for me!!!! rebug cobra 4.84. Homebrew are unsigned so there should be no problems.

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: more like, your 1st crush +1