Hacking Old flashcarts on DSi - Way to bypass?

• Thread starter ishdeepsingh
  • Start date
  • Views 2,608
  • Replies 17
I

ishdeepsingh

OP
Hey temp
Just wondering if you can boot an old flashcart on the dsi with a dsi flashcart using a homebrew. if not, then can you boot it with action replay dsi? Does it say 'unknown game' and then you can click 'start game' and boot it? Or is all ds flashcarts blocked, without any 3rd party way of bypassing it (like a flashcart, action replay, etc). Just wondering. Thx

I

ishdeepsingh

OP
machomuu said:
It depends on the flashcart. Which one are you trying to use specifically?
any non dsi compatible one. One that is blocked and is only compatible on the ds phat and lite.
Oh yea and Im not trying to use it, unless there was a way to then I would, because im better off getting a dsi flashcart with more features like the DSTWO. But for ppl who wouldnt like to spend much money, or would like to use their flashcart on the dsi. Mabe have a homebrew that you use on a dsi flashcart to launch a ds flash cart, for incase you want to have 1 for yourself on the ds lite and play multiplayer games on the dsi, without having to purchase anything more.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ishdeepsingh said:
machomuu said:
any non dsi compatible one. One that is blocked and is only compatible on the ds phat and lite.
Oh yean and Im not trying to use it, unless there was a way to then I would, because im better off getting a dsi flashcart with more features like the DSTWO. But for ppl who wouldnt like to spend much money, or would like to use their flashcart on the dsi.
Well then no. The only way to use flashcarts on the DSi is to use the ones that are updated or upgraded to suit the DSi bypass.

I

ishdeepsingh

OP
machomuu said:
ishdeepsingh said:
machomuu said:
Oh yean and Im not trying to use it, unless there was a way to then I would, because im better off getting a dsi flashcart with more features like the DSTWO. But for ppl who wouldnt like to spend much money, or would like to use their flashcart on the dsi.
Well then no. The only way to use flashcarts on the DSi is to use the ones that are updated or upgraded to suit the DSi bypass.
Is it possible to code a homebrew that unblocks the flashcart, much like using a proxy to bypass a certain blocked website? Or do they work in a completly different way?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ishdeepsingh said:
machomuu said:
ishdeepsingh said:
machomuu said:
Is it possible to code a homebrew that unblocks the flashcart, much like using a proxy to bypass a certain blocked website?
Nope. Reason being you would need to be able to use the flashcart before you could use the homebrew, and that would be redundant in this case.

I

ishdeepsingh

OP
QUOTE(machomuu @ May 21 2011, 09:53 PM)

QUOTE(ishdeepsingh @ May 22 2011, 12:51 AM)

QUOTE(machomuu @ May 21 2011, 09:49 PM)

QUOTE(ishdeepsingh @ May 22 2011, 12:46 AM)

QUOTE(machomuu @ May 21 2011, 09:45 PM)

Is it possible to code a homebrew that unblocks the flashcart, much like using a proxy to bypass a certain blocked website?

Nope. Reason being you would need to be able to use the flashcart before you could use the homebrew, and that would be redundant in this case.

What if you use a dsi flashcart to boot a homebrew to temporarly unblock a ds lite/phat flashcart, so you can use the dsi flashcart on something else like another dsi and play multiplayer games and all that..?

damedus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the bootloader wasnt upgradeable then no theres no way. Besides most of those old cards dont even work with the latest AP games unless they use some YG or similar thats updated.
and on that last post no you cant swap cards on the DSI it would go to home menu wich is why u need a DSL or phat to do multicart updating of the dsi cards

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ishdeepsingh said:
machomuu said:
ishdeepsingh said:
machomuu said:
ishdeepsingh said:
machomuu said:
What if you use a dsi flashcart to boot a homebrew to temporarly unblock a ds lite/phat flashcart, so you can use the dsi flashcart on something else like another dsi and play multiplayer games and all that jazz?
That is also not possible. Reason being that we haven't completely hacked DSi-mode, and thus disabling bypass at this point in time isn't possible, even if only temporary.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Actually, IIRC there

is

(see how that's bolded and massive?)

a way to boot them. Using as OP said an ARDSi. It does work, but maybe not for all carts, and maybe not on 1.4.2.

I

ishdeepsingh

OP
machomuu said:
ishdeepsingh said:
machomuu said:
ishdeepsingh said:
machomuu said:
ishdeepsingh said:
machomuu said:
What if you use a dsi flashcart to boot a homebrew to temporarly unblock a ds lite/phat flashcart, so you can use the dsi flashcart on something else like another dsi and play multiplayer games and all that jazz?
That is also not possible. Reason being that we haven't completely hacked DSi-mode, and thus disabling bypass at this point in time isn't possible, even if only temporary.
oh ok. thx for the quick replys. just a thought...

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Cart swap doesn't work on DSi/XL/3DS.

There are ways to get non-DSi carts to boot, but they require you to use something that's more expensive than a DSi cart anyways.
I remember right back at the start of DSi flash carts there was a YouTube video (I think by DSTT team, but not 100% sure) that showed a DSi flashcart booting, then the cart was switched and the non-DSi flashcart booted up. It was called something like iPass I think.

EDIT: Here it is: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=120764

I

ishdeepsingh

OP
(Rydian @ May 22 2011, 06:02 AM)
Cart swap doesn't work on DSi/XL/3DS.

There are ways to get non-DSi carts to boot, but they require you to use something that's more expensive than a DSi cart anyways.
I remember right back at the start of DSi flash carts there was a YouTube video (I think by DSTT team, but not 100% sure) that showed a DSi flashcart booting, then the cart was switched and the non-DSi flashcart booted up. It was called something like iPass I think.

EDIT: Here it is: http://gbatemp.net/i...howtopic=120764
So it was possible...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o