Gaming Okay folks, let's talk Modding a 360!

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, well...Tenchu Z and Forza 2 work perfectly with no issues whatsoever. Darkness was the only one being dumb. I'm going to retry Darkness when the Verbs show up. Thanks again for all the help, everyone.

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I just got an xbox 360, but im so afraid of flashing it and i think it is too complicated, i want to play games online.... so do you recommend me to flash my 360??? will i still have the warranty if i open my 360?? i bought a 2 year warranty at best buy for 60 dollars.... so i want to conserve it, and whats with all of this stealth backups, i heard you can only use stealth backups if one makes the backup from the original game disc, because ixtreme only works with super stealth backups 1:1...... so can i download stealth games...? and what are the "other features" the other firmwares have?? sorry, but im a complete noob with the xbox scene, i have less than 24 hours with my xbox ^^

thnx

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a tutorial somewhere for XDVDMulleter? I can't figure out how to stealth-patch a game.

I've got the ISO, and the stealth patch.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just got an xbox 360, but im so afraid of flashing it and i think it is too complicated, i want to play games online.... so do you recommend me to flash my 360??? will i still have the warranty if i open my 360?? i bought a 2 year warranty at best buy for 60 dollars.... so i want to conserve it, and whats with all of this stealth backups, i heard you can only use stealth backups if one makes the backup from the original game disc, because ixtreme only works with super stealth backups 1:1...... so can i download stealth games...? and what are the "other features" the other firmwares have?? sorry, but im a complete noob with the xbox scene, i have less than 24 hours with my xbox ^^

thnx
If you value your Warranty then don't try it.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
iXtreme 1.2b was just released, it's a slow-read version (4x) of 1.2.

What does slow read mean?

I already have iXtreme 1.2 installed, is the procedure to update a firmware the same as installing it the first time?

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
iXtreme 1.2b was just released, it's a slow-read version (4x) of 1.2.

What does slow read mean?

I already have iXtreme 1.2 installed, is the procedure to update a firmware the same as installing it the first time?

The slow read is for users who may have lesser quality lasers that have issues reading media. It offers nothing more than a slow-read. If you have no problem with your 360 reading your back-ups, there is no need to change it.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The slow read is for users who may have lesser quality lasers that have issues reading media. It offers nothing more than a slow-read. If you have no problem with your 360 reading your back-ups, there is no need to change it.
I heard it also reduces the noise 360 makes while reading disks, is the difference significant?

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is interesting to me, because I've always hated how the 360 was so noisy, but would that affect Xbox Live? Everyone's suppose to approx. load up at the same time, would that screw anything up?

Another thing I want to ask about. Every game I've burned, save for Darkness, has worked fine. Tenchu Z, Forza 2, Transformers, Overlord...I downloaded my first dated game, Viva Pinata and burned it. During the opening, the Xbox has a lot of difficulty playing it. The louding gets pretty loud with some clicking sounds in there, and the video stutters, but in the actual game it seems okay...is that normal?

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is interesting to me, because I've always hated how the 360 was so noisy, but would that affect Xbox Live? Everyone's suppose to approx. load up at the same time, would that screw anything up?

Another thing I want to ask about. Every game I've burned, save for Darkness, has worked fine. Tenchu Z, Forza 2, Transformers, Overlord...I downloaded my first dated game, Viva Pinata and burned it. During the opening, the Xbox has a lot of difficulty playing it. The louding gets pretty loud with some clicking sounds in there, and the video stutters, but in the actual game it seems okay...is that normal?
Actually my first attempt at burning game (The Darkness) has the same problem. The disk made a lot of clicking/stopping sound constantly. I ignored it at first, thinking this is normal. But about half way through the game I got a disk unreadable message and was unable to continue like many of those other people.

So then I upgraded my DVD writer's firmware to the latest version and tried burning The Darkness again, and to my surprise, everything works 100% now. The now game runs exactly like the original (the sound it makes while reading, that is, but I don't own The Darkness) and no more clicking and unreadable disk messages. I managed to finish the game twice now with no problem.

After seeing The Darkness has no problem I then started to burn other games, Overlord, Lost Planet, Crackdown, Dead or Alive 4, Oblivion, etc. Everything is working the way it should. I'm glad I upgraded my DVD writer's firmware before burning my games.

So I suggest you try update your DVD writer's firmware. By the way, I was wondering if you had any problem with Tenchu Z because SuperX360's release was nuked for an error in the disk (PROPER by SPLiT is now out).

As for the slow-read on xbox live I think even with regular disks sometime some people will load faster than other, that's why there's usually a countdown before game starts to let everyone finish loading. I installed the 1.2b version of firmware, and wow it made a HUGE difference in noise level to me since my 360 is on my desk beside my monitor. The thing is so quiet now, I love it!
biggrin.gif

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tenchu Z has been running on mine just fine, nothing went wrong at all...When you said "Update your burner's firmware", you mean the actual drive on my machine and not the 360?

Also, WHY AREN'T YOU PLAYING MORE OVERLORD!? Feel bad!
dry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto