Hacking Ok to leave wii connect 24 on?

sidishere

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I just soft modded a wii for a friend using modmii and I just realised they have wii connect 24 on.
Is that ok?
Or does that mean things will automatically update, resulting in a brick?

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's fine to leave it on , It doesn't cause your wii to auto update.

I remember reading wii connect 24 makes the console over heat though, That was when the wii was first released , I don't know if peoples views have changed on that or if Nintendo fixed the issue in later models/firmware.

lufere7

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The wii will never update by itself, IIRC it will just send you a message telling there's a new update and you can just ignore it. But still I keep it off, it just heats my wii.

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If it heats your Wii it probably means it's using more elecrecitiy. Either way, I never saw the point of it so never turned it on.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It has been reported to cause damage to Wii's by overheating, and it is also pointless. Therefore, I recommend leaving it off.

Reactions: 1 person

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It has been reported to cause damage to Wii's by overheating, and it is also pointless. Therefore, I recommend leaving it off.

I can back this up by saying that my Wii was to hot to touch on the shell in the summer when I left WC24 on.

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
weird. never had my Wii overheated as it was place in a ventilated space just like my PS3 and X360 does. and oh, I always left my Wii turn on sometimes (maybe i just forget to turn it off) on Wii;s System Menu or in game for straight 2 weeks.

The only thing the get hot on my Wii is the USB HDD. :P

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Apparantly WC24 causes the CPU to be on a constant 100% load, which isnt healthy for any component.
Having a CPU on 100% load for such long periods of time WILL decrease its life. That alone should be reason enough never to use WC24, imo :s

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How do you know the CPU is 100% if you don't have your wii powered ON to run an analyzing program?

Anyway, Overheating deteriorated the GPU which caused constant Graphical glitches while playing.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok whatever, maybe its 90% then.. but the CPU gets veeeery hot after a while.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok whatever, maybe its 90% then.. but the CPU gets veeeery hot after a while.

You still have no way of knowing that, which is the point Cyan was making. He was not questioning your figure, but was questioning how you arrived at it. The answer to which is: pulled it out of thin air and quoted it as fact.

snikerz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lesotho
In WiiConnect24 mode, the PPC is shut down. The only thing that's running is the ARM core (Starlet) on the GPU. It's not running at "100%" or anything like that, it's simply running without any ventilation. The produced heat can damage the GPU.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Me niether, us north Koreans don't care